Gold and Silver Jewels in KSA

How much does a jeweler charge for the labor work on gold jewels? Same goes to silver. I buy gold and silver jewels but I am not quite sure whether I'm paying the right price or if I am being goofed.

I would appreciate any of your insights. Thank you!

It depends on what work you have done. I find the best  who do a terrific job and charge a very good price are the Pakistani jewellers. I have had a lot of valuable jewellery remodelled, cleaned and fixed. Service has been incredible at a low cost. I have been so impressed that I usually hand over an excellent tip.

Good luck.

Is there in figure?

All costs are different, depending on what you are having done.

Ok. But is there any formula they use to determine the total cost? Like in general? :-)

Most gold or silver makers will tell if you if you ask them what is the price in detail - the price of the metal and price of the design or the work that is done. Some dont, in those cases you can weigh the ornament and then calculate the price of metal as per the days rates and the rest would be the making / design charges.

HRGuru wrote:

Most gold or silver makers will tell if you if you ask them what is the price in detail - the price of the metal and price of the design or the work that is done. Some dont, in those cases you can weigh the ornament and then calculate the price of metal as per the days rates and the rest would be the making / design charges.

Thank you! :-)

Hi Suzan,

Where hav u fixed ur jewel. Can u let me know the detailed location of tht.

I went to Al Amoudi to buy Gold but they said that they ran out of stock.

From Riyadh Gallery car park on Olaya Street, turn right. Go down two blocks to souq on right. Turn right into car park. The jewelry souq  is next to the car park. Here. some Pakistani jewelers work on mobile stands outside the shops. They are very honest, do a great job and excellent price. Don't forget to give them a good tip!!!