A different kind of visa extension question

I want to clarify something which I have found nothing on the web about, or in this forum. I have been told by 2 people, a friend, and a visa agent that I can do this, but hopefully someone on this forum can also relate.  I am well aware I can extend my visa 2 times while inside Vietnam. What i want to know is I am on my first extension    It is a 3 month multiple entry visa   Which means I can get 1 more extension  If I do this I will have stayed in Vietnam   9 months and got 2 extensions while in the country at that point I will need to leave Vietnam and apply for a new visa at an outside the country consulate.

or......

I can (or think I can, Been told I can) Leave Vietnam at the land border crossing  pay the exit stamp fee   come back in and now since I left Vietnam and re-entered on my multiple entry visa I have effectively reset the extension clock and now instead of being only allowed 1 more extension I can get 2 more extensions in country

and.......

If this is true then it seems like every 2nd visa extension I could just get a multiple entry visa and repeat the above process over and over again to infinity and never need to apply for a new visa at a foreign Vietnam consulate outside the country.

and also...

I am aware of 2 more ways to avoid applying for a Visa at a consulate outside of Vietnam   one being to leave on your 8th month at the airport and fly right back in and do visa on arrival. The other to go to the capital in Cambodia and waste money on hotel and travel agent fee to let them get you a Vietnam visa without having to visit the consulate in Cambodia but both of these options are unappealing to me as they cost a lot more and take more time then my previously described method at the beginning of this post.

So has anyone tried what I want to do and done it successfully many times?

There no "rules" relating to visa. There are people here, who have 10 + extensions in a row, other had to leave after 2 extensions. In theory you have to leave the country for a visa term - making it 9 month here and 3 month away, but have not met yet anyone, who was doing like this. Just rely on your agent. They  are commonly quite good and honest.

vietnamryan wrote:

I want to clarify something which I have found nothing on the web about, or in this forum. I have been told by 2 people, a friend, and a visa agent that I can do this, but hopefully someone on this forum can also relate.  I am well aware I can extend my visa 2 times while inside Vietnam. What i want to know is I am on my first extension    It is a 3 month multiple entry visa   Which means I can get 1 more extension  If I do this I will have stayed in Vietnam   9 months and got 2 extensions while in the country at that point I will need to leave Vietnam and apply for a new visa at an outside the country consulate.

or......

I can (or think I can, Been told I can) Leave Vietnam at the land border crossing  pay the exit stamp fee   come back in and now since I left Vietnam and re-entered on my multiple entry visa I have effectively reset the extension clock and now instead of being only allowed 1 more extension I can get 2 more extensions in country

and.......

If this is true then it seems like every 2nd visa extension I could just get a multiple entry visa and repeat the above process over and over again to infinity and never need to apply for a new visa at a foreign Vietnam consulate outside the country.

So has anyone tried what I want to do and done it successfully many times?

Para 1 is the normal precedent.
Para 2 also possible some times.
Did you know about old 'weather forecast theory'? Vietnamese immigration 'Kings' also same mentality in the case of Visa extension. In their office they are law makers(or breaker?).
Only way is wait for your chance and ask some agents to do that for you. Another way to escape from these crazy visa extension, even not too long, is to apply for a Temporary Residence Card.
Not much headache like this!