Open a bar (around wine) in Yangon

Hello everybody,

I will plan to open a bar / restaurant in Yangon in the next 6 month. I would like to create a place around wine with a bit of french touch.

Does this kind of place can be attractive for expat people and may be some tourims.

Does Rangoon need definitely more nice place to chill out?

Thanks for all your answer

Friendly

Charlie

Hello Charlie.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hello Charlie,

your idea sounds great! Since the Expat Community is (recently) growing in Yangon, there could be demand for more appealing restaurants&bars. If you need any help/contacts feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Urim B.

Hi Charlie
This is a great idea.That is what we need in Myanmar. The big super markets are selling wine at reasonable price. Now the country is opening up more expats are coming in and idea of opening wine bar is good idea to hang in Yangon
Please  drop me an email at jjcomservices@gmail who is experience in setting up wine bar in Myanmar#
Look forward to hear from you and best of luck#
Stan

Hi Charlie,
I have a lot of experience in wine & spirits industry and running a very successful business. Are you looking to do this alone,?
Thanks!

Pauline

No, i m open minded to do some business with partners, do you have any plan in Myanmar, you can send me an email on my personal adress: [email protected]

Hi Charlie,
I'm thirsty. Where's you bar? Is just a dream to open one? Just come to Yagon and get your feet wet. You will not be disappointed.
Make it Parisian style unique bar. We want to welcome you here. This is a good business to be in.
Wish you the  best of luck and all the success.
Cheers!
Winston.

Hi Charlie,

Your idea is good but it will be difficult to get license to sell (alcohol). Currently, gov did not issue any new license and you need to buy back from somebody who like to sell to you.

My restaurant will be opening in July and I am encountering this issue and looking for alcohol license to buy back.

Under the alcohol license, there are two type of permits; one allow to sell only can or bottle and the other one allow to sell in cups. Different permits yield different license fees.

If you are really interested in bar / restaurant business, I advise you to check /survey for all necessary preparations first.

Matt

Thanks for arryone00
your information is very helpful for me
i'm vietnamese, so interested to arrive Myanmar....
nice to meet friend with every from anywhere