Pls.I need information about living standard in CAR for expatriate

Hello
I want to know the following information about the job in Bangui (CAR)

1.How is normal living condition i mean electricity problem, water problem

2.How much will be cost of living for one person on food in US dollar per month

3.How is the internet facilities in Bangui?

4.How safe to live alone and travel alone

5.medical facilities

6.People attitude towards expatriate

7.Any indian food and grocerry shop in Bangui

Thanks

Shunny Nigma
Accra-Ghana

Good day from Bangui

To give to an answer to your questions, I have been staying here for over two months now in Bangui, CAR.

1. Electricty is available but depending on where you stay it goes out between 13:00 and 17:00. It goes out again at 22:00 till 05:00. Water supply is ok, unlike South Africa you vcannot drink the tap water.

2. Bangui is very expensive, it is apperntly the fifth most expensive city in the world, Euro's and the local currency is widely accepted, US dollars not.It works out for food approximately 30 Euros a day depending on your diet.

3. There is various internet connections supplied by Orange and Moove, they are ok.

4. Travelling alone in Bangui is ok, but straying out to the country side can be dangereous on your own.

5. Medical facilities is not the best in the world, the Chinese hospital is ok, and here is a good dentist.

6. The attitude is good towards expats, you have to learn French for communication.

7. I do not know of any Indian food grocery shops here, most products are available, hereis a lot of Lebanese with shops.

All of the best for you
from Bangui