Need FAST medical advice!

I am living in Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia and yesterday my mother arrived for a 2 month visit from the US. Within 12 hours of arriving, she tripped on an uneven pavement, fell, and broke her arm. We took her to the Central Republic Hospital here in Tbilisi, and after x-raying, they told us that she needs surgery to put a pin in the elbow. She also injured her foot (bruised the tendon), but can still walk without much pain there.

Since she is not a dependant the med unit at the embassy can not help us. They did however advise us NOT to have surgery done in Georgia.
If we fly on the next plane, the journey back to the us will take us 28 hours to reach her home and by the time we see the doctor will be 6 days since the break.

Is anyone familiar with the Republic of Georgia's medical conditions or know any orthepedic surgeons here? What type of procedure/pins should we request? Other things to worry about or request???

Before leaving the hospital they put a partial cast on the arm to immobilize it. We have been keeping ice on the foot and arm to bring down swelling. I should also mention that she is not in any pain unless she moves the arm in a certain position, so she has not needed any pain medication. She is 87 years old, but in EXCELLENT health.

If you were in my position, what would you do???

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Welcome on Expat-blog!

I moved the thread on the Georgia forum. Hope other members could help you.

Good luck