Moving to Vilnius?? Prices of living expenses- where to find apartment

Hi everyone,
We are thinking of moving to Lithuania and Vilnius in particular. I don't really know where to start!!

Can anyone tell me what house prices are like in the city? or is it more realistic to expect to be living in an appartment?

Stupid question maybe but what are the prices of normal everyday things such as bread, milk, vegetables, meat???

Thanks in advance for any help, I am twarling the internet at the moment but there doesn't seems to be a lot about the place.

Trina

Welcome Downey, I hope you'll have all the answers you need.

Hi Downey,

I've been living in Lithuania for 2 years.
Price for food and vegetables are twice less than in France but renting a flat could look expensive if you take not care enough...

I recommand you to give more details about :
When you arrive in Lithuania (renting prices are not the same from winter to Summer)
What kind of flat sq m are you looking for ?
Willing to live in town center or not ?

Best Regards,
Anthony Poullain

I also was in Lithuania and would like to confirm that Lithuanian prices are really lower, than even in Latvia and Estonia (neighbors of this country).

I lived in Vilnius for a while...  in 1994 :)  Its changed since then, but is still a very beautiful city.  Back then no-one spoke English, now its fairly common.  Its a good time to move because prices have come down considerably, but I would recommend renting something and checking out the city before you would buy.  First, however, would be to have a 500ml glass of Šviturys Ekstra Alus, to improve your mood and to give you an anchor that will keep you from considering leaving.  For some great Lithuanian food, hunt out Gabi restaurant just off Pilies Gatve. There are some great dishes, but good old potato pancakes is hard to beat.

I am an American citizen in Florida, USA wanting to relocate to Vilnius. If you are dreaming about moving to the USA you need to contact me. I will tell you what life is like in the USA today.

I am lithuanian living in Lithuania. I can answer to all questions about living in Lithuania and I can help to find an appartment. In Lithuania we still have such thing as prices for foreigners are higher if they search and ask by themself :)

If you have any questions related with Lithuania, just visit the way2lithuania. com. there is information related with travelling, festivals, activities, interesting places to visit, medical tourism.. an so on.

professional wrote:

I am lithuanian living in Lithuania. I can answer to all questions about living in Lithuania and I can help to find an appartment. In Lithuania we still have such thing as prices for foreigners are higher if they search and ask by themself :)

hello, iŽm from Spain and i will move to Vilnius probable next December and i would like to know mainly the prices of things
( apartments, food, travel tickets...)

and also if people speak english and if its easy or not to get a job ( not professional )

thanks!

DOWNEY wrote:

Hi everyone,
We are thinking of moving to Lithuania and Vilnius in particular. I don't really know where to start!!

Can anyone tell me what house prices are like in the city? or is it more realistic to expect to be living in an appartment?

Stupid question maybe but what are the prices of normal everyday things such as bread, milk, vegetables, meat???

Thanks in advance for any help, I am twarling the internet at the moment but there doesn't seems to be a lot about the place.

Trina

hello, iŽm from Spain and i will move to Vilnius probable next December and i would like to know mainly the prices of things
( apartments, food, travel tickets...) as you wanted in 2009

am i thought meaybe you could help me with this issues
:-D

and also if people speak english and if its easy or not to get a job ( not professional )

thanks a lot!

Hello, guys,

I can help you too, but before answering your question, I would like to know more details: what kind of apartment are you looking for (numbers of rooms, do you prefer to live in the city center or there is no matter for you, are you looking for a new apartment or you do not mind to live in a building constructed around 1980 years).
Prices of food (comparing with Scandinavian countries - the last countries I visited)are cheaper, as an example of that could be : one liter milk - less than one euro (2.90 litas), packet of eggs (10 eggs) ~ 1 euro (3,5 litas) one kilo of bread - less than 2 euro (6litas), prices of vegetables and fruits are expensive.

Public transport costs for an adult (I mean monthly ticket for an adult) ( included buses and trolley buses - I am not sure whether you will know this type of vehicles :) around 100 litas.

Talking about job possibilities, I am not familiar with it, but as I understood, if you are looking for working place in a customer service area, you may face with some difficulties, I advise you to look job in an international companies, as a Transcom, they search people, who have a good English languages skills

I hope you will find it beneficial for you:)

Thanks a lot for your answer !!:D

I would like to live near to the center, but i dont mind if its around it, and neither if the building was constructed around 1980s... if the conditions are good ( no leaks,craks,heating...)

20-30 minutes walking to the center would be fine to me.

do you recomend me any area?
a safety one, please!
i prefer to pay a litte bit more and live in a safety area

i would like an appartment of 1 or 2 rooms. If i can pay one of two rooms would be better to me, for having an extra room for the family in case they want to visit me.

do you know if its easy to open a bank account?
and, which is the best mobile phone company? to get a national number ,and ADSL at home.

althought maybe i would have to get also a fix number at the flat to have ADSL at home, and i would prefer not to spend so much money in that kind of things.
but i would need ADSL to find information, try to get a job, send cvs, chat with my friend and family.
do you know the prices of ADSL? is very expensive?

thanks for all your help, im very desoriented.

:rolleyes:

Simoo7e wrote:

Hello, guys,

I can help you too, but before answering your question, I would like to know more details: what kind of apartment are you looking for (numbers of rooms, do you prefer to live in the city center or there is no matter for you, are you looking for a new apartment or you do not mind to live in a building constructed around 1980 years).
Prices of food (comparing with Scandinavian countries - the last countries I visited)are cheaper, as an example of that could be : one liter milk - less than one euro (2.90 litas), packet of eggs (10 eggs) ~ 1 euro (3,5 litas) one kilo of bread - less than 2 euro (6litas), prices of vegetables and fruits are expensive.

Public transport costs for an adult (I mean monthly ticket for an adult) ( included buses and trolley buses - I am not sure whether you will know this type of vehicles :) around 100 litas.

Talking about job possibilities, I am not familiar with it, but as I understood, if you are looking for working place in a customer service area, you may face with some difficulties, I advise you to look job in an international companies, as a Transcom, they search people, who have a good English languages skills

I hope you will find it beneficial for you:)

Vero Madrid, I searched through the internet for websites which provide advertisements. I can suggest you to take a look in these websites: skelbiu.lt , bustonuoma.lt , butunuoma24.lt/1n1-butu-nuoma-vilniuje

Here some advertisements:
skelbiu.lt/skelbimai/gerai-irengtas-butas-centre-gerai-irengtas-butas-12526760.html (2 flats apartment, 57 square meters, the old type house, constructed in 1957. It is located in the city center near the Opera house, so everything will be in a short distance in other words it is in CBD, the price seeks 1150 Litas)
Another example: butunuoma24.lt/1n1-butu-nuoma-vilniuje/2/12722-isnuomoju-45-kv-m-buta-vilniuje-zirmunu-g-tv.html 45 square meters , In the Zirmunu district, host wrote:trip till the city center takes 20 min by foot, I would say it takes 35 minutes,
More skelbiu.lt/skelbimai/isnuomojamas-jaukus-naujai-ir-isnuomojamas-jaukus-12439724.html 1 flat apartment, 37 square meters, in a calm district,quite far from the city center comparing with others options ( it should take approximately 40 minutes to get to the city center by the public transport). All these places are located in an quite safe area, but of course, you have never know what can happen - i will advise you do not look for an apartment in Naujininkai or district near the train/bus station, there are not nice/cozy/safe places.
I would recommend you to have an individual look to my mentioned websites, if you face with some language difficulties to understand it, just drop me a link, and I will try to translate it ;)

I would probably advise you Tele - 2 as a mobile phone operator, prices are reasonable comparing with others.

I can not help with other questions, I believe, that the procedure opening a bank account should not be difficult, but I am not sure.

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL INFORMATION!!

Im checking the web sites you have recommenend me, and they are great.

Could you tell me any cheap supermarket to buy? i`ve seen that RIMi could be a good one, but maybe there are another ones but  maybe they dont have websites and i can find it.

are there in the center or outside? because iŽve seen a video about Vilnius and appeared a person who said that the supermarkets were out the city, in the malls. but i dont know if all the supermarkets are there or  only the big ones, like here.

another issue, do you know the name of the area/distric where the Embassy of Spain is? is a good area to live? maybe its expensive but it could be a dood idea to be near to our Embassy.

the adress is Algirdo Street, nº 4. LT 03220 Vilnius

or do you recommend me another one?
and dont you know any Spanish association or spanish pub/bar/restaurant? im looking for on internet and i dont find any
:-(

great thanks for all your help !

We have more supermarkets, than Rimi. I get used to Maxima (it is located near my place) and Norfa. Maxima (maxima.lt) is probably most popular supermarket in Lithuania, because you can find diversity of all kind products and prices are less than in Rimi or IKI, Norfa (norfa.lt) I think it is the cheapest supermarket, but you will find it difficult to get more options here. All our supermarkets even bigger than normal are situated in the city, as a big supermarket, with cafes and clothes/jewelry shops inside - Akropolis is situated inside the city.
This place is not far from center, so it is a quite good place, but  there you have to expect a big car movement,and traffic congestion can usually occur there, but in a rush time it will be everywhere :)
Sorry, I can not advice places where Spanish people hang out, because I do not have friends from the Spain so I did not hear about it:)
You are welcome, gave a nice weekend

Sorry if IŽve offended you asking if there are more supermarkets than Rimi. Sorry. It was not my intention. I only wanted to know the name of another ones to visit their web pages. Sorry.

iŽve visited what you told me, thanks, there are great.

how is the wheather there? is it raining/snowing now? iŽve been seen the wheather forecast for next week on internet and there is nothing about rain or snow.
thats great!

last week here i was in the beach, swimming and taking sun. this week the wheater is totally different, its cold.

Could you tell me names of famous clothes shops to visit their web pages? so see the fashion and prices.
are there " Zara" shops? its a Spanish company.
maybe there are any shop. When i was in Morocco i saw one.

Thanks for all your help!
have a good Sunday

Vilnius is a great city.  For shopping, there are many very modern shopping centers- you don't need to worry about clothing stores at all, unless you want Jeans.  Levi's, for example are three times as expensive as in the USA. There are many many good restaurants- it is good to have a Lithuanian friend who can show them too you- often they are hard to find. The ones that are easy too find are usually good to avoid. 

Many people in Vilnius speak English, but outside of Vilnius be prepared that NO-ONE will know it.  Learn some of the language, and have a smile, and almost everyone here will help you.  Lithuanians are very kind and helpful people. 

In grocery shopping, it is best to learn the local cuisine.  Items imported can be ridiculously expensive.  I have a taste for mexican food, but to buy tortillas here is asking to have your wallet raped.  This is not always true... in example, a good bottle of wine can be found for three Euros, easily.

When looking for an apartment- you must negotiate winter rent- the heating bills will amaze you- and if you are in an older apartment building with older windows.... you can almost be certain to be cold.  Dont even dream of using electric heat as a backup unless you are wealthy.  It is VERY important to inquire about heating bills in Vilnius. Honest Apartment owners should agree to discounting the rent during heating months.

Thanks Danielius for all the information.

what i dont understand very well its what you say about heating bills.

are the bills included in the rent payment of the appartment?

here in Spain you pay your rent, and appart of that you have to pay all the bills ( water, light, heating,phone...) and the owner doesnt give you any discount related with the bills. You have to pay what you spend. These issues are complety appart of the rent. But maybe in Vilnius is different.
could you explain me please how its works?

dont you know any good dictionary english-lithuanian that you have used?
or any good translator? because googleŽs is so bad

and oould you tell me if the districs NAUJAMIESTICS AND SENDMIESTIS are a good ones to live? and do you know the names of another districs near to the Spanish Embassy that is located at ALGIRDO ST, LT 03220 ?

tHANKS A LOT !
:top

Danielius wrote:

Vilnius is a great city.  For shopping, there are many very modern shopping centers- you don't need to worry about clothing stores at all, unless you want Jeans.  Levi's, for example are three times as expensive as in the USA. There are many many good restaurants- it is good to have a Lithuanian friend who can show them too you- often they are hard to find. The ones that are easy too find are usually good to avoid. 

Many people in Vilnius speak English, but outside of Vilnius be prepared that NO-ONE will know it.  Learn some of the language, and have a smile, and almost everyone here will help you.  Lithuanians are very kind and helpful people. 

In grocery shopping, it is best to learn the local cuisine.  Items imported can be ridiculously expensive.  I have a taste for mexican food, but to buy tortillas here is asking to have your wallet raped.  This is not always true... in example, a good bottle of wine can be found for three Euros, easily.

When looking for an apartment- you must negotiate winter rent- the heating bills will amaze you- and if you are in an older apartment building with older windows.... you can almost be certain to be cold.  Dont even dream of using electric heat as a backup unless you are wealthy.  It is VERY important to inquire about heating bills in Vilnius. Honest Apartment owners should agree to discounting the rent during heating months.

I have lived in Naujamiestis.  Its ok.  One thing to consider is that there are more cars than parking places... don't know if you will have a car or not.

Heating is an issue to be brought up, and you should ask how much those bills are.  They can be VERY significant, and if the apartment is not rented the owner must pay them, anyway, so it should be a point of negotiation. It may be that the rent is reasonable enough, there are people who will try to take advantage of you, and there are those that will not. Just be sure to find out what the heating costs are.

Naujamiestis is a good area if you are close to Savanoriu for getting around the city, many major public transit lines run on this street. Rents will also tend to be more reasonable here, be prepared to see public drunkenness, and never ever leave anything of any sort inside your car over night. It will be stolen.

So check parking availability, and heating bills. I  have not lived in the other district you mentioned.

In naujamiestis you will most likely be in a soviet era building...  I dont know how long you are to be in Vilnius...  if for a long time, try to get a six month lease, then you can explore the city better, if you don't like it...  Soviet era buildings can be a bit oppressive at first glance, but don't judge too quickly...   

I am a country boy- I don't like living in cities, but Vilnius is a surprising and wonderful city- I predict you will share this opinion after you get here.  I first came in 1994, and after two weeks decided I wanted to live in Lithuania.  So now I am.  I don't plan to return to the USA. 

and don't let Lithuanian "unfriendliness"  bother you.  I don't know how things are in your country, but coming from America where anyone you make eye contact with will give a nod and a greeting...  it can seem cold, but once you make a friend of a Lithuanian, it is something to be cherished.  Well, you already know I like the place- there are some that do not.  Just be ready to wait a fair amount of your life in lines at the cashier in grocery stores.  Waits that would close a store in the USA in two weeks are par for the course here.

Have fun, and I'll help if I am able.

I think you meant Senamiestis?  Thats the center, the old town.  Of course perhaps in some ways and for some people the best place to live in Vilnius-  but not if you have a car- Vilnius has an absolutely beautiful old city, but here you may wish to consider that on some of the streets the active night life can go on till very late... a light sleeper may have some issues. also look into Uzupis...  the "other" old city.  Very nice part of town. From a car, and public transport view, Naujamiestis might be better- it will be cheaper than Senamiestis of Uzupis. But if you want more beauty and enjoy walking often - well- Naujamiestis is not beautiful. but you will probably have a large grocery store close-by, in the center you will not. There are many small ones...

so..what i think i have understood is that the heating is something that the ower always pays, but i dont know if its depending on the meters of his appartment, or is as a government tax or something like that.

do the owners of the flats of the same building pay together the heating?
so, maybe its a fix amount of money every month. And this quantity is not paid in summer, so the owner shouldnt ask me it.

im a little bit confused!
:-(

could you explain me it again?
so sorry...
english is not my first language..

in which months  shouldnt i pay heating? from May to September? i dont know the wheater there and i dont know how long the winter is...

thanks a lot

The heating is supplied by a central heating system. Central meaning the whole city.  It is turned on now.  They turn it on after there are so many days below such and such temperature, and turn it off using the same logic. You will basically be charged by the square meter, but I believe many of the buildings will have their own meters, so you will be charged a portion of that, depending again on your square meters. So the bills will vary, depending on how warm it is, but it is not cheap.  For an apartment I had that was 800 litas per month the heating bills got up as high as 350 per month. Internet is almost always available through cable or DSL, and is not expensive at all. Electricity is expensive, but if you just use for lights and perhaps cooking, not horrible, about 40-50 per month. (Litas) You will be charged for hot and cold water, individually- you will get a bill for apartment upkeep as well. SO for me, what in summer with all bills was less than 900 in dead of winter was over 1200. There are very very few homes with Air conditioning, so if you get an apartment on the west side of a building with no shade.... the summers can be ... toasty.  AM I helping or just making things worse?  If you dont need to live too close to work, Jerusale is a good district.  More modern, less crime. By bus it would be about 25 minutes NOT in rush hour to Algirdo street.

But no- most likely you will pay heating.  They will show you the bill and ask for more money.  It is a point of rent negotiation that you ask for reduced rent in the winter.  You may, you may not be successful.  They wont want to actually change the utilities into your name, they will just show you the bills.  The electric meters and water meters you will probably read yourself, they are in your apartment or very close.  Also for internet you can consider the Cell phone companies, Bite, or Omnitel.  for 50 litas a month you will get 15GB of downloads and very fast connections speeds- IF IF IF you can get reception where you are.  (of 3G or HSDPA)  also there is Nexon, but I am not familiar with them.

oh, thanks for the explanation. Now i think i have understood.

could you tell me ( if you doesnt matter, of course) the  number of meters of your appartment where you paid 800 litas? because its a lot !!

i will try to find any appartment of 50-70mts as much. i need only two bedrooms ( the main one and another for my family in case they want to visit me)

There is something also, related with apparments, i dont quite understand. When you visit web pages like that:

butunuoma24.lt/1n1-butu-nuoma-vilniuje
skelbiu.lt

you can read that the appartments have 2 or 3 rooms, but watching the photos you see that they have only one. Do they count the dinning room or the kitchen as a bedroom?

or maybe the have another ones but they dont put pictures of these. but i dont think so, because if you want that your appartment was rented, you show all of them, isnt?

dont you know another web pages to look for appartments?
Jerusale would be far to me, i think. I would need to be as close as possible to Algirdo st.

thanks for all

a kitchen doesn't count, nor a bathroom.  So a one room apartment- except for modern ones- will have a bathroom, a kitchen, and one room.  I had 60 sq meters, it had two rooms, one of which was a living room that could be used for putting up guests.  It was in Jerusale, and was ... nice I guess.

Be sure to look at what floor it is on.  there are no elevators here up to 5 floors.  Only beyond that are elevators. 

I found mine at aruodas.lt - you can switch it to English

Saying you "only" want two bedrooms.... does that mean with a living room?  then you need a three room apartment.  Better to get a two room apartment like I had.

Also try hard to get one with a clothes washing machine.  You might find laundry to be a big issue here if you dont have on in the apartment.  Forget about dryers... they don't exist.

THANKS FOR ALL

do you know if its normal that the size of a mattress was 1,50 mt?
or is the normal size 1,35mts?

because iŽm thinking in bringing mine that itŽs 1,50mts.

Also.. do you know where we could get english lessons and lithuanians?

And about the foreing car... do you know if the taxes are high? because im thinking in bringing my car, but i dont know if its a good idea. First of all because i dont know if a foreing car can cause safe problems. I wouldnŽt like people pay attention on me of that.
And also because maybe the  insurance and taxes are so high.

have a good weekend!

Hi!
i will move to Vilnius next tusday. How is the best way to go from the aerport to Stepono street?
iŽve booked an appartment there and i would like to go using public transport.
could you help me please? THANKS !!!:rolleyes:

take the new train from the airport.  It only costs 2.5 Litas.  it only operates from 6AM till 9:30PM about.  It will take you to the Train station (bus station)   From there you are probably within walking distance from your place.  Did you look at a map?  you will walk north from the roundabout of the bus/train station,(the train station will be behind you) and then angle left on V. Sopeno Gatve, go to the next intersection- it is your street.  You can also take number 1 bus from airport, you will pay the same amount and arrive at the same location.  MAKE SURE to have some money before you leave the airport.  Euros are not accepted anywhere.  Of course I dont know where on Stepono your apartment is, so I cant be more specific. It may be further than you wish to walk.  can you tell your building number?

Don't worry about your car, just assume it will be broken into if you leave ANYTHING visible inside. Its no big deal to bring your car here but after some time you will need to get its license changed. They wont make you pay too much, I brought two cars here from the USA... it was not a big deal. I am not familiar with all the rules about that, but it is possible- people do it all the time.  I would be more concerned to even find a place to park in Vilnius.  Good luck with that.

for Lithuanian lessons contact this person  [email protected]   He is the administrator of Lithuanian classes at Vilnius University, not too far from where you will be living.  There are evening classes.

by the way, if you are bringing a car you must have winter tires on your car from Nov 1st till april 1st.  Its the law, and it is necessary.  Do not buy cheap tires if you dont have them already.  You are coming just in time for winter... lucky you.  Don't get depressed, the summer weather here is so nice it makes up for all the winter misery.  I predict you will like it here.  Vilnius is a great place.

thank you Danielius for all your help and information provided. It thinks its going to be easy to find the apartment, thanks.
do you know if its expensive to study in the university? do they teach english too?

probably i will bring my car later, do you know where  can i  buy winter tires there? here we dont use them and i think i can not buy them in Spain.

You won't have a problem finding tires.  Assume you will spend between 3-400 Euros for all tires plus mounting. Probably closer to 300....  Dont know your car :)  As a side note- I don't know where they sell train tickets from airport. Bus tickets you can buy on the bus, but not with a bill lager than 20 litas.  Your English seems pretty good, how good does it need to be???  I'm afraid that here, even people who THINK they know English do not. I have yet to meet someone who understands English- they know the words but miss the meaning. I know several people who are translators...  your English seems to be better than theirs. But for English lessons for Spanish speaking person....  hmmm... can't help.  Please feel free to contact me- I enjoy helping people - I think the English language courses at the University were about 250 Euros per semester. I was going to take them myself, but I live in various parts of Lithuania, and could not be for so long in Vilnius. if you like you can email me directly at [email protected]

I meant "Lithuanian"  courses at University

Hi Danielius, all was perfect thanks your explanations, We arrived to the appartment so soon and easyly.

Thanks for telling me that my english is pretty good but i feel i would need to improve. Writing is easier than speaking/listening. Also my couple need to improve his level to try to find any job here. do you know any recruitment office ?

IŽve seen an accademy near to our place: AMES (American English School), have you heard anything about it?

Regarding to the tires, iŽve seen some at MAXIMA ( the supermarket), the price was 149lt each one. Do you think that is a good idea to buy them there?
anyway i dont have the car here yet. I  will bring it next January/February.

thanks

and greetings from Vilnius !! at last ! :-D

Buying tires from a grocery store ...  perhaps not.  Also, bringing a car all that way without snow tires might prove a dangerous journey.  You would be going hundreds and hundreds of kilometers possibly on snow-covered roads to get the car here...  if you can wait till January, why not wait till April? then you would not need to worry about the tire issue till October. 

I have not looked into schools for English, I cannot comment. But if a person seeks employment, better to learn Lithuanian.

Anyway, if you really must have the car in the middle of winter you must try to get winter tires on it before you bring it here. Its just too dangerous. And if there is an accident... it will be your fault.

I hope you are enjoying your first days here. I wonder what your first impressions are, and what you find most different from your home country.

thats right, maybe its not a good idea to buy the there...

The car will be moved by a transports company, so it does not matter what kind of tires uses.. dont worry about it. Ive been transfered by a company to work here and they pay for that issue.

Relating with the english lesson, iŽve seen a school, AMES, have you heard something about it by chance ?the price is around 300lt per month, i think its a little bit expensive, right?

Vilnius surprised me a lot ! its so different from Spain.
Also im totally surprised with the second hand shops: Humana and 50%, its great! in Spain we dont have this kind of shops. Maybe there are some but nobody wants to be seen there... and here people buy there without any problem.
Also there are lots of malls with a lot of expensive trade marks, and i dont catch how that is possible, how these shops can supervive if there are extremely expensive for the lithuanian people, i think. I dont know the medim salary but.. somebody told me that a cashier could earn 1500lt, so... who buys there??

Also, Maxima, the supermarket, has almost the sales monopoly, and its not so cheap. Some products are, but some not, but its almost impossible to find any other good place to buy. Maybe Rimi and Iki, but, the prices are not better, only in especific cases, offerts mainly.
do you know any cheap place to buy ( mainly food)?

thanks for all

well, you could do like I do, and live out of the city.  I get most of my food from the land.  Otherwise- just budget for it.  All the grocery stores here are criminal thugs- making millions and abusing their employees to death.  What to do?  You wont find cheaper except at the city markets.  On a Saturday try Kalvariu turgus.  If you work hard, you can get good deals in food. About tires- ask for someone who has idea about it.  I recommend Autoerdve.lt  ---  they are mostly subaru- but good- honest folks...  I got a great deal on very expensive tires from them,- they have done several things for me-

Please let me know if I can be of any other help

[email protected]

Kalvariu turgus? is a street market? where is located?

and, when you say " city markets", what do you refer to? small family shops? i have not seen many...

A girl told me that there is a cheap supermarket, NORFA, but i havent gone there, do you know it?

thanks for all

Norfa is only very slightly cheaper than other stores.  If it costs you any extra to get to one, don't bother. Kalvariu Turgus is- on Kalvariu Street!  :) Do you know the bridge that is closest to the castle? That, north of the river is Kalvariu...  and there is easy public transit- seems like about 30% of public transport goes on Kalvariu.  And I believe that trolley stop is called "turgus"- go there- it is fun.  let me give you a handy link for busses and trolleys- note it is also in english... http://www.vilniustransport.lt/en/   there is also a city market very close to you-between bus station and old city gate.... but kalvariu is more fun.

HAPPY NEW YEAR DANIELIUS!!

Have a good starting and i hope all your dreams and expectactions became truth this new year 2012

And THANKS your all your help!!

pd: i will try to find Kalvariu Turgus, wil i have to negociate prices there? im so bad in that...

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!