Cuban's need not apply !!!!!!!!

hi,
  just like to know why do some of the people from ecuador  don't like cuban?

Cubans came form the island to this country just few years ago to study, help the communities due to an agreement between the ecuadorian and the cuban government.
Some ecuadorians doesn't like the president and don't like comunism and for them, there's a bunch of comunist moving around the country with president's help.
For others is like an invasion they came too much cuban in a short time and they don't come back to Cuba they try to stay here  and they get jobs for less money than ecuadorians.

The same feeling is against colombians, they think come to this country to robe, traffic drugs and take ecuadorian jobs.

thanks,
Now I know not to say that I'm Cuban to Ecuadorinas I will tell
them that I'm a Gringo:D

:D:D  Yes, I think it will be a better option.

Not every hispanic comes into the country illegally. 

And sadly to say, they are the only ones doing the jobs that Americans don't want to do.

This is one of the crazy things going around in the world. Ecuadorians go to US to work in jobs american don't want to do.
Colombians are not allowed in the US so their coming to Ecuador illegally. 
Ecuadorians think is OK  to go US to find a better life but complain about colombians, peruvians and cubans coming to this country and there is the misconception they all are thieves and drug dealers.
Many north americans think the same about illegals in the US.

Vinny

My two cents....
My wife is hispanic....our kids are hispanic....grandkids too. We obviously do not have a problem with hispanics. We do have a problem with people that come to the US illegally.
Millions of people, straining the finances of our country...taking medicaid....food stamps...having babies in hospitals and paying nothing....their kids in schools that we pay for...people in our jails that we pay for....all coming from hard working tax payers. A large percentage of illegals are low wage earners, and therefore will not ever pay federal income taxes, so as we work hard...we pay all of their bills. And because they are willing to work for lower wages...they drive down wages. So when you say Americans won't do these jobs....they might if the wages were higher !
My wife and kids came here LEGALLY and jumped through all the hoops to do so. Now my wife's head almost explodes when we pay huge amounts of tax...and she sees where it is going.
Decades ago, immigrants came to the US to live the American dream. They didn't come here to get a tax payer funded handout....they came to work their butts off and build a future. Now the federal government takes money from hard workers....to give it away to people that are not supposed to be in our country. Democrats let them in because they want their votes. Republicans let them in because they want cheap labor. US citizens are the ones that take the beating. We'd like people to sign the guest book on the way in LEGALLY...and pay their own way...So YES...it bothers many Americans.

Edgenaples wrote:

My two cents....

Just wanted to make sure you knew you were posting to a thread that the last post of over 3 1/2 years ago...

symo

Well said.🇨🇺

Edgenaples wrote:

My two cents....
My wife is hispanic....our kids are hispanic....grandkids too. We obviously do not have a problem with hispanics. We do have a problem with people that come to the US illegally.
Millions of people, straining the finances of our country...taking medicaid....food stamps...having babies in hospitals and paying nothing....their kids in schools that we pay for...people in our jails that we pay for....all coming from hard working tax payers. A large percentage of illegals are low wage earners, and therefore will not ever pay federal income taxes, so as we work hard...we pay all of their bills. And because they are willing to work for lower wages...they drive down wages. So when you say Americans won't do these jobs....they might if the wages were higher !
My wife and kids came here LEGALLY and jumped through all the hoops to do so. Now my wife's head almost explodes when we pay huge amounts of tax...and she sees where it is going.
Decades ago, immigrants came to the US to live the American dream. They didn't come here to get a tax payer funded handout....they came to work their butts off and build a future. Now the federal government takes money from hard workers....to give it away to people that are not supposed to be in our country. Democrats let them in because they want their votes. Republicans let them in because they want cheap labor. US citizens are the ones that take the beating. We'd like people to sign the guest book on the way in LEGALLY...and pay their own way...So YES...it bothers many Americans.

Overpriced, has nothing to do with Cubans coming to Ecuador

That's why I can't wait to leave Southern California. It's gotten worse since I arrived 20 yrs ago and the future looks even worse. Also, Dont forget the impact that illegals have had on the public school systems. Half the kids in the classes barely speak acceptable English and drag down the rest of those in the class.

I personally am very familiar with Naples. I lived there many yrs and given your post name you are /live in Naples.       I call it the Disney World of the rich.  Given the wife, kids and grand kids info you provided.  I believe you came at a time when the US welcomed immigrants to do the work Americans did not want to do.  I can give some personal info also.  I have anAamerican friend In Naples that has a landscaping company.  He is so regretful for the illegal immigrants he has since he can not keep American workers.  He pays top $ immigrants or Americans but the only ones that regularly come to work are the immigrants.  In my opinion specially in Naples,  the artificially beautiful place would be very different if immigrants were not the quiet back  bone.  I have  simple analogies.  I just came from Naples and noticed a lot of low level English speaking workers at Walmart.  Really if you were an American company IE Walmart that pays the minimum wage.  Who would you want to hire?  A person that can hardly speak English or an American that can understand you & can be of better service to your company?  The answer to that is simple. That Americans DO NOT WANT the low paying Jobs.  In A place like Naples, who wants to be a maid,cook gardener, dishwasher  and all the jobs that are needed to keep a city's like Naples and others going?  Every job illegals get, is  job no America  wants.  How many white Americans do you see working the fields?   
In my opinion America needs to take a good hard look at Emigration reform so those job Americans don't want can be legally obtained by Emigrants that came for a better life, There are the new illegals and the old "legal" immigrant (that did have the opportunity to legalize) came to make a better life.  Do you really think that illegals want the tittle of illegals and have terrible things that happen to them that can't be reported since they are  illegals?  As far as taxes.  My best friends are  illegal. They pay taxes on a illegal SS#. They get NONE of the benefits and are constantly @ risk of being found out.  They pay taxes and get NONE of the benefits paid taxes provides.  I wonder how much $ is paid by  illegals using a fake SS#.  It is especially sad when a legal immigrant chooses not to understand the difficulty of getting legalization.  I believe in my hart that the reason for thal the is that again sadly legal immigrants want to separate them selfs as beter than the illigals  want to feel they are better than the non legal immigrant. Is it just that Americans want to blame some escape goat and sadly is the illegals now and have been for many yrs.  You gave your 2 cents I just gave mine.  What would you have done if you could not get your legal status?  Some home work into the problem would do well reference the illegals & the US need for them.  Really who would you hire an illegal if you could hire a legal with no problem?  Common sense my friend no college degree needed.  Think about that ?  You might see the reality of the situation.  May be as Americans we are to lazy to do the work illegals are willing to do and the US needs.  Thank you

Article from fortune magazine that highlights several sources, and the pros and cons of illegal immigration.

As usual each side on the political spectrum has a different take on the situation, and instead of sitting down and debating ideas, and solutions like grown adults, they would rather jump up in down like spoiled little children because they won't get their way 100% Imagine if we ever had a country run by mature intelligent people who could comprehend there's many different sides to complicated issues.

http://fortune.com/2015/01/29/does-it-c … port-them/

What are the odds on that one?  You are correct.  I just get tired of what I call the escape goat syndrome.  Muchas gracias.

MGLuke wrote:

What are the odds on that one?  You are correct.  I just get tired of what I call the escape goat syndrome.  Muchas gracias.

If you are tired of goats escaping, then build a better pen.

finster wrote:

Half the kids in the classes barely speak acceptable English and drag down the rest of those in the class.

Same could be said about Americans expats in Ecuador and their Spanish.

MGLuke wrote:

I personally am very familiar with Naples. I lived there many yrs and given your post name you are /live in Naples.       I call it the Disney World of the rich.  Given the wife, kids and grand kids info you provided.  I believe you came at a time when the US welcomed immigrants to do the work Americans did not want to do.  I can give some personal info also.  I have anAamerican friend In Naples that has a landscaping company.  He is so regretful for the illegal immigrants he has since he can not keep American workers.  He pays top $ immigrants or Americans but the only ones that regularly come to work are the immigrants.  In my opinion specially in Naples,  the artificially beautiful place would be very different if immigrants were not the quiet back  bone.  I have  simple analogies.  I just came from Naples and noticed a lot of low level English speaking workers at Walmart.  Really if you were an American company IE Walmart that pays the minimum wage.  Who would you want to hire?  A person that can hardly speak English or an American that can understand you & can be of better service to your company?  The answer to that is simple. That Americans DO NOT WANT the low paying Jobs.  In A place like Naples, who wants to be a maid,cook gardener, dishwasher  and all the jobs that are needed to keep a city's like Naples and others going?  Every job illegals get, is  job no America  wants.  How many white Americans do you see working the fields?   
In my opinion America needs to take a good hard look at Emigration reform so those job Americans don't want can be legally obtained by Emigrants that came for a better life, There are the new illegals and the old "legal" immigrant (that did have the opportunity to legalize) came to make a better life.  Do you really think that illegals want the tittle of illegals and have terrible things that happen to them that can't be reported since they are  illegals?  As far as taxes.  My best friends are  illegal. They pay taxes on a illegal SS#. They get NONE of the benefits and are constantly @ risk of being found out.  They pay taxes and get NONE of the benefits paid taxes provides.  I wonder how much $ is paid by  illegals using a fake SS#.  It is especially sad when a legal immigrant chooses not to understand the difficulty of getting legalization.  I believe in my hart that the reason for thal the is that again sadly legal immigrants want to separate them selfs as beter than the illigals  want to feel they are better than the non legal immigrant. Is it just that Americans want to blame some escape goat and sadly is the illegals now and have been for many yrs.  You gave your 2 cents I just gave mine.  What would you have done if you could not get your legal status?  Some home work into the problem would do well reference the illegals & the US need for them.  Really who would you hire an illegal if you could hire a legal with no problem?  Common sense my friend no college degree needed.  Think about that ?  You might see the reality of the situation.  May be as Americans we are to lazy to do the work illegals are willing to do and the US needs.  Thank you

Off topic, has nothing to do with  Cubans in Ecuador.

Lots of incorrect assumptions about my sign-in name. Lots of emotional comments that lack logic. It diesn't take a genious to figure out that if you add up federal taxes paid by illegals, that amount is a tiny fraction of the costs that tax payers get stuck with. If you love illegals, go to the border...or Naples, take a few families to your house, pay for all of their bills, and enjoy !....but you won't because you want your neighbors to make those payments. You are big talk as long as someone else picks up the tab !

Thank you for your response.  I will keep that in mind.  The goats I mean. ;) .  We all have opinions sir.  My apologies for any miss interpreted assumption of you living in Naples Fl..  My opinion sir is as valid as yours on immigration or any thing else.  That is why we are Americans. Have a fantastic day.

Yes, of course, you are entitled to an opinion. What I would hope Americans focus on are the facts.
1-
ILLEGAL means NOT LEGAL. They broke the law to get here.
2- Illegals drive down wages.
3- most pay $0 federal incone tax.
4- food stamps, medicaid, hospitals, schools, jails...they are financially draining our country.
So, please feel free to take a few families into your home and pay all of their bills. You have every right to do that. And good for you !

Just a question - I wonder how many of the forum participants here, entered into and live in Ecuador illegally, or plan to?

Couple sites with the federal tax breakdown, and the percent spent on each program.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/2014-taxreceipthttps://www.nationalpriorities.org/budg … /spending/http://www.usnews.com/opinion/economic- … dollars-gohttp://billmoyers.com/2014/04/14/the-su … -taxes-go/

Thank you.  I do see all the time we're, we are here wanting to know the how to become legal or better jet get on their medical SS.  From what I see in  many of the blogs we dont much care if its legal or not.   Hell we dont even have it that hard in the US we can still eat. It is kind of funny how the tables have turned. Again thank you for your coment.

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have in fact taken in 2 exchange students, one from Brazil & 1 from Argentina.  You would not belive how that experience has enriched my life & my 2 sons lives.  By the way the one from Brazil now speakes fluent Spanish, English,German & her native Portuguese.   We were able to send her to college after her high school stay with us & now she makes more money  in Manhattan than eithery my ex husband or I ever did.  She is now our daughter  and I could not posibly be more proud of her.  Thank you for information & suggestions.  Buen Dia senor

I think that is FANTASTIC !
So you did not ask tax payers to fund any of that, right ? That's wonderful ! I congratulate you !
It sounds to me like you did everything legally, as did my family.

The truth is that it was not all that simple sir, I wish it were.  Things are very different fromt when you came and the same privileges you might have had are not there for every one sir.  Whether one Does or Can do it legally or not is up to debate & interpretation.  With all due respect you have to walk in those shoes NOW to know how crappy the system of Immigration is.  The fact is,  we either look at emigration reform or we continue in this no mans land of immigration and the children pay.   It is a very convoluted posses.  In her case she had to basically stay under the radar for quite a wile as an illegal, yes as an illegal and we did what ever it took to get her legal.  That is the way it is.  If she would have applied for citizenship or any type of stay when we/she wanted she would have had to go back for 10 long years and her opportunity would have been lost.  As a family we did what had to be done and we would do it all again.  All that for a person that DID NOT/DOES NOT cost the US a dime & pays a good chunk of tax $.  I would recommend not so much rederic and a little bit more humanity and clarity as to what the processes is and how it really is for illegals or refuges @ this time.  Don't bother with the sarcasm I LIVED it and it was tough.  Good hart, sop or not.  You sir are very lucky you did not have to walk on today's immigration shoes.  I was one of the lucky ones my self that with just the right small circumstance was able to get to US legally.  Our family walk the walk sir and it is quite shameful what the rules are and why they are.  Like I said it is my opinion but is an educated opinion from a legal American  family that was is that NEW position of immigration law.  You can comment all you need but, I will have no further comments as you sir know my stance & no further chastising will change my stance. I know what I am talking about. I hope you have a great day were ever you are.  I am in Cuenca having the time of my life!  No need to waste any more time for me on the subject.  I will let you to the last, probably chastising words.  Muy Buen dia.  It is here ;)

Sometimes I wonder why my wife and I bothered to follow all the immigration laws and necessary steps and procedures, even though they were difficult at times and of course were not free, they cost money.  But she is now a US Citizen.

So I guess I have my answer - some of you would enter into Ecuador and live there illegally, if you could.  And I'm sure you'd have excuses as to why you did it that way instead of the legal way - it's up to debate and interpretation!  It would have been inconvenient!

To advocate or condone breaking the immigration laws of any country - and/or to then actually break them - does not seem to me to be responsible adult behavior nor in anyone's best interests.

Thank you for the conversation. The reason I am sure you & your wife did it "legally" was you could, as your wife.  Some cost, Some time but you knew it would happen.   My point is that as things stand, some times Illegally is the ONLY way to get legal. No matter how much $ or time you are willing to dedicate to the processes or how honorable  your intentions are.  It is difficult for some one that has the luxury of being able to get citizenship legally to understand how and what you have to do when that possibility is not available.  Simple ? for you. I assume you love your wife & want to be with her.  You maybe have no interest or can' t for what ever the reasons, live with her in her home  country and if you did not have the luxury of getting her legal by marriage to you, If the ability of legalization thru  marriage was not there.  What would you have done?   I am very aware of citizenship thru marriage, really a fantastic legality.   Some people do love people from an other country that are not married to them.You were lucky you guys had possibility's,  Some times the possibility are Not there. Due to old rules and governmental bureaucracy. Just something to think about,  may -be a different perspective?  I am really happy for you guys to have been able to get legalization.  It is a hard road with out it. NO One wants to be illigal.  For me its a tough subject having had very little options for a new wonderful daughter to old to be adopted. The only reason I am posting any of this is so people can understand that until our politicians stop arguing and doing nothing sensible   like sitting down coming up with Reasonable solutions to the problem, the hart aches, Cost( since for some is the most important thing), and illegals will continue. It is the way it is and will continue to be.In my opinion of course Buen dia.  It is a really beautiful day out in Cuenca :)

OsageArcher wrote:

To advocate or condone breaking the immigration laws of any country - and/or to then actually break them - does not seem to me to be responsible adult behavior nor in anyone's best interests.

Nor is advocating breaking the law allowed on most expat forums.

If you are referring to me,  I was not advocating any one breaking the law of any country.  I was activating the huge need for immigration reform so that laws are not broken, as well as giving a human side to illegals by sharing our family story. I can see perhaps it was a waist of time.

MGLuke wrote:

If you are referring to me,  I was not advocating any one breaking the law of any country.  I was activating the huge need for immigration reform so that laws are not broken, as well as giving a human side to illegals by sharing our family story. I can see perhaps it was a waist of time.

Perhaps a WASTE of time.

How kind of you.  Have a great life.

Yes, I see......do it legally if you can....but if not, feel free to break the laws of our country. That is quite an interesting way to live.

How come I am not surprise you see it that way?  You Like Me are Americans and therefor have a right to our opinions, but you know what they say about opinions!

It has always seemed to me that one reason so many people from around the world want to come to the US is because in the past they could count on the stability and predictability and safety of a society that respects and follows its own laws, for the most part - unlike many of the places the immigrant was escaping from, where corruption, bribery and uncertainty extended (and still does) all up and down the line of authority, from bureaucrats, to police and elected officials.

The best way to change laws is to do it through the existing legal processes that are there for that purpose, not by just ignoring them which promotes disrespect for the laws and lawlessness.

Sadly it seems my country has changed and is no longer the "shining city on a hill" that once it was.

OsageArcher wrote:

Sadly it seems my country has changed and is no longer the "shining city on a hill" that once it was.

Am watching The West by Ken Burns on Netflix. Is a 9 part mini-history documentary. Think one of the best quotes by one of the people doing the documentary is "you can't be an american without having great pride, and also great shame in the countries history."

Perhaps, with the rapid growth of internet, and information, the illusion of what america has marketed itself as has died? America has accomplished great things, but her hands have never been clean.

OsageArcher wrote:

It has always seemed to me that one reason so many people from around the world want to come to the US is because in the past they could count on the stability and predictability and safety of a society that respects and follows its own laws, for the most part - unlike many of the places the immigrant was escaping from, where corruption, bribery and uncertainty extended (and still does) all up and down the line of authority, from bureaucrats, to police and elected officials.

The best way to change laws is to do it through the existing legal processes that are there for that purpose, not by just ignoring them which promotes disrespect for the laws and lawlessness.

Stuff don't get swept under the carpet like it used to.  If it were the good old days we would have Muslims in concentration camps, ignore murders of blacks etc etc.

Well said thank you.  We don't have to like every thing about America to be a good American.  It is our differences that make us a strong America.  I think that is often forgotten these days.

Fantastic quote.  Pretending we are perfect can lead us to be a blind America.
No country on earth is perfect and neither is our country.  .

Zzzzzzzzzz

Oh sorry. I nodded off from boredom over your ongoing justifications about how breaking the law is ok.

Closed