Latinoamerican in Riyadh?

Hi I wants to find friend in Riyadh, and I need to have some information, I am going to live in Ryadh for 1 year and it is my first experience, Would you please give some advices. many thanks, Isabel

friend are the gift of God

mariaisabeldonoso wrote:

Hi I wants to find friend in Riyadh, and I need to have some information, I am going to live in Ryadh for 1 year and it is my first experience, Would you please give some advises. many thanks, mariaisabel

It's difficult to meet people here but I'm guessing you'll either be a teacher or in the healthcare profession so you'll find other 'foreigners' there who will befriend you.

I've always thought how wonderful it would be to have Saudi friends but they seem to be so busy with their lives and families that there is no time for the foreigners.  At least that's been my experience (maybe it is different for the guys?).

But as a friend also pointed out, perhaps their families discourage friendships with Westerners (no matter how friendly the relationship is at work) because the families are afraid that their daughters/wives/sisters may be wrongly influenced.

mariaisabeldonoso wrote:

Hi I wants to find friend in Riyadh, and I need to have some information, I am going to live in Ryadh for 1 year and it is my first experience, Would you please give some advises. many thanks, Isabel

more than welcome here , hope u all the best

Alliecat wrote:

It's difficult to meet people here but I'm guessing you'll either be a teacher or in the healthcare profession so you'll find other 'foreigners' there who will befriend you.

I've always thought how wonderful it would be to have Saudi friends but they seem to be so busy with their lives and families that there is no time for the foreigners.  At least that's been my experience (maybe it is different for the guys?).

But as a friend also pointed out, perhaps their families discourage friendships with Westerners (no matter how friendly the relationship is at work) because the families are afraid that their daughters/wives/sisters may be wrongly influenced.

you are too more than welcome ,im proud to connect me , my office is beside riyadh bank on the king fahad road , you can visit me , im fresh to that office ...

sweeetguy wrote:

you are too more than welcome ,im proud to connect me , my office is beside riyadh bank on the king fahad road , you can visit me , im fresh to that office ...

Now Bader, you know as well as I do that men and women
aren't allowed to 'mingle' in KSA.  And it's getting worse since Nayef was named Crown Prince.

Please don't mislead the newbies on the blog.

HER the station different between ur country 
I advice u to live in compound
I hope to be happy her

Many thanks 4 all your replies and all your advice.
I do appreciate.
Isabel

Welcome to Riyadh Isabel. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Alliecat wrote:

Hey Alliecat. In my first few years of staying here I guess I felt the same. I tended to mix with ppl of my own country more. I wondered why the Saudi's do not want to mix...now i am tired of the Saudi's (just kidding). I am not tired of them, and made some good friends. Most of my close friends are Saudi now and i can regularly go into there homes and they come into mine. I dont know but the unknown intrigued me. I mean I always thought of them being so private and not inviting. I guess now i understand them more, and it meant clearing my own misconceptions about them. I guess they are a ppl with their own traditions and I just misunderstood them.
The ppl in AL-Hasa are also very friendly, not like Riyadh...just kidding again...really i am so kidding...just i love it here and i encourage anyone to come to Al-Hasa so i can show you around (with an approved tourism agency ofcourse - no girls and boys mixing business, lol.

to find an accommodation in a compound is difficult?..somebody know some activities for women in a compound?

Hola, aquí no habemos muchos latinoamericanos y por lo general estamos repartidos por todo el Reino lo cual hace difícil el contacto; donde vivo sólo conozco a un ecuatoriano pero me parece que deben haber mexicanos y brasileños en Dhahran. Personalmente prefiero vivir fuera de los compounds porque te permite convivir y conocer la cultura local pero jamás he visto que las mujeres vivan solas así que el compound te vendrá bien. He hecho muchos amigos y hasta el momento la experiencia ha sido muy grata, espero que la tuya lo sea también. Pongo a disposición este medio en caso de que tengas más preguntas. Saludos.

Hello, since there are not so many Latinamericans in the Kingdom the contact between us could be difficult, I only know an ecuadorean guy where I live but I've heard that in Dhahran there must be many mexicans and brasilians. I rather living outside compounds so I can get involve with local culture and way of life but a compound could be also a good option for women. I have made many friends here and my experience has been very pleasant, hope yours will be good as well. If you have questions feel free to ask. Regards.

I met 4 brazilians in hasa

Well, as I said it's difficult, not impossible. Sometimes could be just a matter of luck: for example, I do visit Hasa for business purposes and because of that I haven't spent too much time there (I buy dates for sure) but it's OK, you'll find nice people everywhere. Anyway, wish you all a nice weekend.

Many , many thanks for you reply Imraan, my regardas from England:)

Me agrada saber Juan  que eres positivo y te has relacionado con la cultura del Reino, te agradezco sobre maneras buena  tu dispocion de contarme tu experiencia y tambien la informacion de algunos hipanohablantes, al mismo tiempo saber que es agradable estar alli en tu opinion.. Yo viajo el sabado a Riyadh y prometo vestir conservativa.
Yo tambien queiro alternar con la cultura y aprender el idioma, serai muy feliz alternar con mujeres de KSA.
Mucha sfendiciones para ti y sigue con esa energia que te llevara a seguir disfrutando,
Saludos desde Inglaterra:)
Maria Isabel

Your most welcome isabel

mariaisabeldonoso wrote:

Me agrada saber Juan  que eres positivo y te has relacionado con la cultura del Reino, te agradezco sobre maneras buena  tu dispocion de contarme tu experiencia y tambien la informacion de algunos hipanohablantes, al mismo tiempo saber que es agradable estar alli en tu opinion.. Yo viajo el sabado a Riyadh y prometo vestir conservativa.
Yo tambien queiro alternar con la cultura y aprender el idioma, serai muy feliz alternar con mujeres de KSA.
Mucha sfendiciones para ti y sigue con esa energia que te llevara a seguir disfrutando,
Saludos desde Inglaterra:)
Maria Isabel

Maria Isabel, this is the ENGLISH forum. 

If you want to write in Spanish, you will be more comfortable in the SPANISH FORUM

Best of luck.

:one Alliecat

Harmonie wrote:

:one Alliecat

:top: