In need of a social life

Ok...been here just over 3 months......work is good, but I need a social life.....spending too much time in front of the TV and alone.

A man can only take a certain amount of shopping after a while.

Any suggestions?

Do u like play footbal with us

well i guess u can watch some football games,smoke some shisha, read some books....

i dont know, but i hope that i dont get so bored when i move to riyadh...

Shisha is a good choice ;)

just try it Valleysboyo

lol @ shmally

hahaa

Social life in Saudi for singles is NULL. :)

if you are interested. PM me your contact. we can get together sometime for a cup of coffee somewhere.

Salman

ps:
im straight =_=

try bowling! Theres bowling place here in riyadh. Or join a gym. Good for health and at the same time ull have new friends! :)

try bowling! Theres bowling place here in riyadh. Or join a gym. Good for health and at the same time ull have new friends! :)

@Salman, LOL. I imagine you've been in a situation or two where you've HAD to make that clear XD

I've heard that there is an "underground" cinema in Riyadh. I don't know if there's any truth to this, or if it is, in effect, just a group of lads watching DVDs at home; either way, it might be worth checking out.

@D

LOL! :lol: and to tell you the truth... its not funny when youre in such a situation.

Well, I am reading some topics and posts and see that I am not the only guy who feel bored with no activities in Riyadh!

I belive getting into some business relations is the only soultion I am having recently. Some examples, going for a visit for real estate offices and same with consturctions companies and talk to people about business stuff. In this case! make friends alot of friends and cash in case one lucky shot hit.

For fun, I think I might go to limo company and rent a taxi and hang about in riyadh or maybe going to the railroad station or the airport and pick up some people.

I will say a story here if you may allow me.
A friend I have who's using his own car to drive people home from the airport went that day after work (2:30 pm) and found an old man who asked him to take him to Rawdah to fetch some luggages and move on to Bukairiyah! more than 200 km outside Riyadh I think or more.

My pal said ummmmmmmmmm ok!
300 Riyal for the whole trip.
The old man got inside and they reached the final destination, a giant farm with a huge villa inside and that was in the evening. My friend saw something like 300 shimagh and thobe and went crazy for the scene.
He said " I want my money and thank you for your time sir!", the old man insisted that you will come for a dinner and then you can leave.

At the end, 300 SAR handed with a white envlope.
3500 SAR inside it.

The END of this story!!!!!

I don't know if it is possible for expats to do it, but it worth a try (renting a white sweet Elantra 2011) and move around, maybe you will find a business man to get into sort of investment with or intermediary works!

Otherwise, everything else is a waste of time.

Ta ta!

Hi Tata,

did you know its illegal to pick up passengers from the airport? you can get fined and your car compounded for it as well. not even regular Taxi cars are allowed. there are specific cleared taxis that can do it. they are always parked out side the airport arrivals terminals.

Hey @Salman :lol:
His ID is 'Mohad'; not 'Tata'.
That was his goodbye greet. :dumbom:

Mohad wrote:

I don't know if it is possible for expats to do it, but it worth a try (renting a white sweet Elantra 2011) and move around, maybe you will find a business man to get into sort of investment with or intermediary works!

There are many many easier ways of doing business to make money (of course legal)
Thank you very much Mohad. :lol::lol:

I believe we are going ahead :offtopic:

Ok guys, now been here 4 months and my social life has picked up. I now have new friends and new places to go. Thank you for all your messages and help. We can now consider this topic closed.

Nice to hear that u have company to spend time with. However, I cant say the same thing. I moved here a couple of weeks ago, and am feeling extremely bored.

Luckily, I bought a bike few days ago and will occupy my time by cycling and discovering my new neighbourhood.

Wish me luck to make nice new friends...

Ok, topic to be closed
I am sorry for what I said about the limo idea (just ignore it).

Thanks brother omrani and the legendleads...

Suffering same Problem here but i've been here just less than 3 weeks. feel soooo Bored :D

[Moderated: Off topic]

:offtopic: