Electronic Devices cheaper in HCMC ?

Hi, I am wondering whether it is cheaper to buy digital camera and laptop in HCMC (comparing it with Singapore and Malaysia).
Where is the best plave to get them? I bought a North Face windbreaker that cost me around US$40, a good bargain isn't it?

Electronic equipment is more expensive here than Singapore and HK. I can't speak for Malaysia as I've never been but would be amazed if it's not cheaper.
It's also tough to get the latest models here depending on how important that is too you.
A Northern Face windbreaker for $40 cheap if its genuine maybe but chances are tis a copy\reject and last years style. Probably pick it up for around that in the sales in UK. But it has no electronics in it ;)

Mychris,

If you have the ability to buy your gadgets from reputable off-shore vendors, use it.  I can't really speak for Malaysia, but all of my American and Singaporean friends acquire theirs from their respective countries.  Not only that the prices are much lower, but the qualities are assured.  Here, certain vendors/shops like to swap out the interior components of their imported products, causing lots of heartaches to their many unwary customers.

As for clothes, Laidbackfreak, is absolutely right.  Buy only if you really really have to, otherwise don't.

Howie

laidbackfreak wrote:

Electronic equipment is more expensive here than Singapore and HK. I can't speak for Malaysia as I've never been but would be amazed if it's not cheaper.
It's also tough to get the latest models here depending on how important that is too you.
A Northern Face windbreaker for $40 cheap if its genuine maybe but chances are tis a copy\reject and last years style. Probably pick it up for around that in the sales in UK. But it has no electronics in it ;)

I think electronics like TV, etc is cheaper here than in Singapore, bro. I've checked those prices.

lostsouls wrote:

I think electronics like TV, etc is cheaper here than in Singapore, bro. I've checked those prices.

same models ?

Thats aside lost you in Singa at the moment or here in HCMC?

Hey there
I think its cheaper.
You can check the price at some shop below:
nguyenkim.com
vienthonga.com
thegioididong.com
Cheers!

laidbackfreak wrote:
lostsouls wrote:

same models ?

Same models, especially the expensive ones.

Im in HCMC, bro.

lostsouls wrote:

Im in HCMC, bro.

guess it all depends what your after then. I picked my phone up in HK and had to replace it here 3 months later following it being stolen and it cost me 75usd more here. Laptop I wanted isnt available here yet and still nothing comparable to it for the money.

No worries I was gonna get you to check a price from Singapore for me :)

HCMC is definatly more expensive. You are paying "this years" prices for last years models. This being that Vietnam has a very high import tax. Expecially for good that come under the  "luxury" category.

laidbackfreak wrote:
lostsouls wrote:

Im in HCMC, bro.

guess it all depends what your after then. I picked my phone up in HK and had to replace it here 3 months later following it being stolen and it cost me 75usd more here. Laptop I wanted isnt available here yet and still nothing comparable to it for the money.

No worries I was gonna get you to check a price from Singapore for me :)

HP are cheaper here than in SG. I recently checked 3GS 16GB & compare prices. Saigon is definitely cheaper but most of the 2nd hand 3GS are from Singapore...:lol::lol:

No problem, freak.

LCD's are definitely more cheaper than Singapore. Bang for buck.

Hi Lee, how long will you be here?  Can u PM me yr number?

Cheers,

Henry

lostsouls wrote:
laidbackfreak wrote:
lostsouls wrote:

same models ?

Im in HCMC, bro.

Compared to the US, it's more expensive here with less variety of options to choose from. Like someone said above, you won't be getting the latest and greatest of what's available in the rest of the world here in Vietnam.

But, if you want the latest from Apple, look to get it shipped from Apple directly to here in HCMC. I believe they have done that through FedEx.