Bharatanatyam?

Hello! I am spanish girl and I really love India. I have been there but only once and now looking forward to go again soon. Since some time ago I am a Bharatanatyam lover and I use to take some lessons too. I would like to ask where is the better place to go to learn Bharatanatyam in India.

Many thanks! Have a nice day :)

i think the best place will be, Kerala Kalamandalam, University for Art and Culture, Thrissur, Kerala, India.

contact details: kalamandalam.org Email: [email protected]

Thank you very much Blesson :)

always welcome georg, hope you will become a great bharatanatyam artist

Yes, I agree with Blesson V, the University for Art and Culture  Kalamandalam, Thrissur, Kerala – is a REALLY good place indeed, as it is a professional recognized classical dance college. But similar institutions are available in Chennai as well…

Georg
If you wish to learn Bharatnatym in cosmopolitan city like Mumbai ( Bombay) then
NALANDA DANCE RESEARCH CENTRE

Address  :
Plot A - 7 / 1, N. S. Road No. 10,
J. V. P. D. Scheme, Vile Parle (West),
Mumbai - 400 049
INDIA. 

Email  :
  [email protected]

Fax :
91 - 22 - 2624 5008

is a good institute visit their web site
nalanda dance research center ,mumbai

regards
Dr Prabhu ,France

Many thanks to everybody :)

Hi ,

I would suggest that Bangalore will be very appropriate for learning Bharatnatym.Southern India is the origin of Bharatnatym and Bangalore has the best of Bharatnatym schools in the India.Also Climate here is much cooler compared to other cities and its suitable for europeans.U can always goggle about this and get more info.

Regards...

One of the best.. Kalakshetra in chennai.. And in mumbai nalanda

It is true to share with you that , kerala is the best place for learning Bharathanatyam.  In kerala , north of cochin (cochin is the center part & about 80 km north at  village Cheruthuruthy , the Institution "Kerala Kala mandalam" (school of Arts)affiliated with the Government , have regular classes for learning Bharathanatyam, Kathakali , kuchipudi, mohiniyattom and a lot more. there more foreighn students are learning. There are many  famous artists in kerala at different places , who learned at School Kalamandalam  (5 yrs)are conducting  crash classes . I know Kalamandalam Sumathi teacher at perumbavoor, near cochin , also few artists nearby.

at cochin Trippunithura, a center for bharathantyam artists
I am happy to help you ,the best from my side
I am also a musician, (Guitar+Saxophone+vocal) play in a small band at cochin, performing all week ends a regular show , also few shows, when free from my airport work

keep in touch
email :[email protected]
regards binu

Many many thanks to all :)

Namaste,

Geoorgina