Top Delhi Places?

Hey there! I'm from Kolkata and I recently relocated to New Delhi for work and thought I'd get some input from you! Do you have any recommendations for great places I can check out on my days off?

Hello Brahmjot,

Welcome to expt.com!

Your post is now on the New Delhi forum. I hope that you will find some recommendations soon1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi Brahmjot,

You may go to places like Historical (Qutub Minar, Humayun tomb), religious (Akshardham, ISKCON), clubs, Shopping malls etc. and a lot more.

It depends on where you want to go. You'll find plenty of options.

Hope this helps :)

Some of the famous places in Delhi are:

Red Fort - A UNESCO World Heritage Site and an iconic symbol of India's struggle for freedom.

Qutub Minar - A towering minaret and UNESCO World Heritage Site that dates back to the 12th century.

India Gate - A war memorial built in honor of Indian soldiers who died during World War I.

Lotus Temple - A Bahai House of Worship and an architectural marvel with its distinctive lotus-shaped structure.

Jama Masjid - One of the largest mosques in India and an important religious site for Muslims.

Humayun's Tomb - A UNESCO World Heritage Site and the tomb of the Mughal Emperor Humayun.

Akshardham Temple - A Hindu temple complex known for its stunning architecture and cultural exhibits.

Rashtrapati Bhavan - The official residence of the President of India and a fine example of colonial architecture.

Chandni Chowk - A vibrant market and one of the oldest and busiest areas of Delhi, famous for its street food and traditional shops.

Jantar Mantar - An astronomical observatory built in the early 18th century and an important heritage site in Delhi.