Retirement post Brexit

Hello to Everyone,

I hope my introduction finds you all well. I do hope your still enjoying some warmer weather and lots of sunshine.

My name is Ant, I'm going to be 54 year this year. I have for the last seventeen years been travelling back and forth to Larnaca in Cyprus. Which is where we planned to retire. Unfortunately the relationship has come to end recently. Because of Greek traditions, values, food.. I still feel I need to follow my dream. Hence why I am now looking to move to Samos.

Due to suffering with autoimmune disease, I really can't face another winter in the UK. I feel it would be in my interest and my two border terriers to move to a warmer climate. Having undertaking lots of research Samos seems to be held in high regards for those looking to retire...

I have never visited. So I'm not sure where the best places are to live. At this present point, I'm thinking of renting at the end of 2023/2024 for the winter months, thus enabling me to find where I want to live and to hopefully buy a property.

I also want to work. I want to be able to read, write and speak Greek.

I can see residents have access to a large hospital? Numerous Vets... I have read that during the summer months, like most places, they become very busy. What's it like during the winter months? As I wouldn't like to live is a village/town that's like a ghost town of session.

Cyprus and Greece offer the equivalent of the NHS (Gesy) Is this the case with Samos? (Subject to contribution)

Has anyone retired post Brexit? if so? How did the process go? Did you follow a certain site or guide?

Please could you tell me some positive and negatives? and how long you have lived on Samos? and why you chose?

I intend to drive with the dogs? and then as and when I am required! Register my car on Greek plates? has anyone else done this? if you did? Did you encounter any issues?

thank you for taking the time to read my introduction.

Any information, positive or negative would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ant

Hence why I'm now looking to retire in Samoa

Hello Ant,

Welcome on board ! Thank you so much for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Samoa forum so that members may guide you.

For first hand infos, I suggest you browse through the following : https://www.mfat.gov.ws/visas/

All the best

Bhavna