Working on domicile

Good Day

I married my husband in October 2022, he is a Namibian citizen.

I am really struggling to find a job in Windhoek.  I have extremely good references, years of experience in my field and all my qualifications.  I am experiencing that companies do not even look at my CV when they see South African (domicile)

Do you have any advice please as I really want to start working.  Do I need to obtain my domicile documents, or am I allowed to work through being married to a citizen?

Kind Regards

Sorry about your predicament, which I've also been through. My conclusion:

1. Start your own business
  2. Work remotely for a non-Namibian company

Good luck!

After marriage you will automatically obtain a new status, known as Domicile, and this overrides all visa requirements. Therefore no visa or permit will be required for you to enter, reside and work in Namibia.

However, as a legal process, it is recommended to apply for Certificate of Identity. This is a one page certificate issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs which serves as documentary confirmation of your domicile status. The reason for is this is that when you finally obtain Domicile status, there are no stamps in your passport and institutions such as banks will request for ”some form of document from Namibian government”, therefore the Certificate of Identity is used for that purpose. Further down the line, the certificate of identity will also serve for the purpose of applying for Permanent Residence and also Namibian citizenship.

@BARBIE9459 Could your please tell me if you have an obligation for this certificate? And what if I don't want permanent residence later on? If I'm still married,why do I need any residency? Thank you so much

Hi all in dire need of advise....

I married my husband in 2013,he is a Namibian citizen . We moved to South Africa and stayed there for almost 10 years. We decided to return to Namibia in 2023,I have since applied for my domicile but am still waiting. Apparently they have put all domicile on hold due to a procedure change. It is so frustrating cuz I cannot work,we can't survive on just one income while we have a family.  Is there no way that home affairs can't give a permission letter for employment and travel purposes while waiting for them to complete their procedure???