New members of the Congo forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Congo forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Congo if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien

Thank you so much for your response

I will come there to grow agriculture I was coming there but I didn't seen the best agriculture there I will change the agriculture of cassava .

I have more experience in agriculture.

@Julien Bonjour !

My name is Sandipan Banerjee, age 46 years and I shall be stationed at Point Noire effective August /September 2023 ( yet to be decided by my organization). My tenure will be of 2 years and I shall be functioning as a Branch Manager of a travel Agency. I shall be staying alone as a forced bachelor ( as my family will be staying at Kolkata, India ) at Point Noire at a company provided accommodation .

Beside French hope people out there also speak in English !

Also let me know do I need to take yellow fever vaccination and adult polio before I land at Port Noire or that can be arranged there , need basis ?

Should I activate International Roaming on my current handphone number as I intend to carry the same to be in touch with my family who will be residing in Kolkata , India ?

I understand Port Noire is safe provided I am not loitering outside after dark !

Will appreciate if you respond to these queries .

Dear Mr Banergee

Thank you for reaching out.

Regarding your query about Pointe-Noire in Congo, it is generally considered to be a safe city compared to other regions in the country. However, it is always advisable to exercise caution and follow local safety guidelines when traveling to any foreign destination.

As for the yellow fever vaccination, it is indeed recommended for travelers visiting certain countries, including Congo. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional or a travel clinic in India to receive the appropriate vaccinations and obtain an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) for yellow fever. This certificate may be required by airport authorities or immigration officials upon arrival in Congo.

Regarding mobile operators, Airtel is a well-known telecommunications company that operates in several countries, including Congo. If you already have an Airtel postpaid connection in India, it may be convenient for you to carry it with you. However, it is essential to check with your mobile service provider regarding international roaming and charges for using your Indian SIM card in Congo. Alternatively, upon arrival in Pointe-Noire, you can easily purchase a local SIM card for local communication needs.

Please note that travel requirements and information regarding specific vaccinations and mobile services can change over time. It is always recommended to verify the latest information from official sources such as government websites, embassies, or travel advisories before making any travel arrangements.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,.

Durgesh Pandey

International Business Manager

Ajanta Pharma

Congo

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1056275

Thanks!

Closed