Rent a flat or a house in Kyrgyzstan

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Kyrgyzstan. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Kyrgyzstan.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Which kinds of accommodation are available in Kyrgyzstan?

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Kyrgyzstan?

How to find a home in Kyrgyzstan: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

cheapest and easy are appartment, if you need a house-keeper, write an add in your building, I'm sure you will find a neighbour. If you want to book before to arrive, you may pass through some tour agency of Bishkek.

Thank you borjom73! :)

Aurélie

Hi everyone,

I would be interested in being in contact with a good broker in Bishkek that can help me to find a 3 bed. apartment in the center of Bishkek.
Many thanks!

check for Salut.kg you can find some good variants there, finding an apartment in summer time is rather easy than that of winter may be due to some nomadic culture

Hi, Can any one tell me what are the monthly rents in the center and non center RENTS IN BISHKEK.
Also how to get business residence visa of Kyrgyzstan.

I am looking rents for 1 bed room apartment.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : promoting your services on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@HafeezKhan

Advertising not permitted on the open forum. Post this in the classified section located in handy tools at the top of this page.

In your opinion which agency is good and what is their address?

Hi!
Finding apartment/house for rent in Bishkek is quite easy. But you have to speak decent Russian/Kyrgyz though.
You can use popular internet resources include:
www.diesel.elcat.kg, just similar to craigslist. But all info in Russian, need to go to find Rent forum in Commercials.
Mobile app "Lalafo", also website, tons of rent information, but all info in Russian.
Bubble.kg - expats in KG newsletters, where expats and locals share information regarding any issue including renting and renting out. Information is available in English. and the landlords speak English.

Local newspapers:
Vecherny Bishkek (Вечерний Бишкек), one of the most popular newspaper (Friday edition is thicker and better). all info in Russian.

International organizations work with Real Estate brokers, either invididual or companies (plenty of them). Brokers usually charge 30%-100% monthly fee as a brokerage fee for their services, that lies on the Landlords. In such case the rent price of the apartment/house may go up. But renting on your own poses some risk to you. So it is up to a person.

If you require official receipts from a landlord, that may also increase the rent price, coz most of the landlords work unofficially and do not include income tax on the rent.

Rent price for studio apartment (35 sqm) in city center is around 200USD/mon. 3 Room apartment (2 bedroom plus living room) 100SQM in a new block costs around 800-1000/mon. Landlords charge 1 months rent as a security fee. Rent contracts can be signed, though it is not popular for mosts.

Bills are not included in the rent price. But it may cost around 30-60 USD depending on the apartment size, heating (cooling) season and whether you use Internet or not.
Normally all rented accomodation comes with furnishing and appliances. Some landlords may agree to purchase some additional stuff for tenants if requested, without increase the rent.

Apartment or House?
Both types of accomodation is available in Bishkek center districts.
Apartments can be chosen from the pool of old Soviet era built blocks with outdated infrastructure, and newly built residential blocks with guarded territories. The newer the house the higher the rent, the better neighbors etc.
Single family houses usually comes with a land of 400-500 sqm with personal parking and orchard. Heated with natural gas, electricity or coal/wod.
Most of the landlords do not allow pets in apartments, so if you have one SFH can be a good choice. However the security is also an issue. Living in an apartment, especially in a new block, you can enjoy cheaper security/video costs, while living in SFH is costlier security-wise.

In terms of washing/laundry - in Bishkek it is allowed for any apartment/house to use washing machine, public laundries are not popular. Power costs are cheap - 0,035 USD/kWt.
In terms of heating - SFH of 100SQM will costs nearly 100-150USD/heating month, while 100SQM apartment would cost around 25-30USD/heating month.

I'm living in Kyrgyzstan in the Osh city, If You need my help, write me on e-mail - ****

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Oxygensensor.

For security reasons please do not post any contact details on the open forum. Use the message system for this.