Partner and child dependent Visa

Hoping to find a expert advise here.

My partner is from Vitenam and has a dependent son who is 8.5 years old. She is divorced for last 7 years. We have been in relationship past 1 year and now decided to move ahead to live together.

Her divorce decree states she has the full rights in raising the child by herself. Child's father has visitation rights. However, since divorce child's father has no connection.

A month back my partner approached her ex to see if he would sign a consent form (Form 1229) to let his son move to Australia. He refused to do so...

Any expert advise would be very helpful.


You cannot take a minor overseas without consent from both parents.  Likely cannot get passport for child.