IPA cancellation MOM update

Hello all,

Has anyone experienced having their IPA (In-Principle Approval) cancelled because they decided not to join a new organization and stayed with their current employer? The exit was handled properly, with reasons provided for not joining, and the medical and application fees were paid.

Is there an option for the employer to give negative feedback to MOM (Ministry of Manpower)? I have read this in some posts but one of my HR friends told there is no such option while submitting IPA cancellation. Will it have any impact on future work pass applications or renewals? Just curious to know.

Thanks.

I do not fully understand your situation (please explain if the following is incorrect):

A new employer applied for a work pass for you and it was approved? Then you terminated the underlying employment contract with this new employer (instead of the one with the old employer) and followed all rules about notice period or penalty, as agreed on in the contract?

In that case, the new employer must cancel the new work pass as soon as they know you will not join them (and with that the associated IPA is automatically voided). But there is no negative impact and the new employer has no grounds to complain about you to MoM.

You do, however, move one step up in the "job-hopper" scale - and MoM does not like job-hoppers, so you better stay in your current job for at least a few years!