Detained in Vietnam

I was detained at the Da Nang international airport.  Reason according to your call from immigration said I had a minor tear in the left hand coed of my passport yes I also had a current renewed passport for another 3 months. TlThe immigration person said I had overstayed by 4 days of my expired Evisa. I am disputing this claim by female immigration person. They didn't give me a chance to explain my situation instead I luckily had my Agent and her partner they allied me to stay with them .  No one cares and I was committed to meeting up with confirmed pet owners. Alas I had to inform them I was detained and cancelled sits.   I am financially embarrassed because I had saved to pay for flights Evisa and had a Australian dollars left because i have free accommodation with a registered Pet sits UK called Trusted Sitters. My reason for posting this on expatz is two fold one to alert other expats and to see if there is anyone can help me resolve this horrible unjust situation please 🙏

...My reason for posting this on expatz is two fold one to alert other expats and to see if there is anyone can help me resolve this horrible unjust situation please 🙏
    -@Eile

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I found this information on the Australian Embassy website, Hanoi:

For Australians needing consular assistance

If you are in Hanoi or elsewhere in the northern part of Vietnam and need consular assistance please contact us ...  If you are in Thua Thien Hue province or south of Thua Thien Hue, including Ho Chi Minh City, please contact us on +84  28 3521 8100 or visit the Consulate General website.

Đà Nẵng IS south of Huế, so I recommend contacting:

Counselor Services

Australian Consulate-General

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (link)

There is also detailed information on that page for emergency consular assistance.

Outside of normal business hours, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Consular Emergency Centre (CEC) in Canberra is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The phone number for contacting the CEC through the Embassy switchboard as well as the direct dial number are listed on that page.

Good luck!

[Post under review]