SEF: Evidence of Adequate Accommodation

Is it possible to use a CPCV for D8 visa evidence of adequate accommodation at SEF appointment? I purchased a new construction home that should have been completed now, but it is delayed and may not completed before my SEF appointment. Is there any way the CPCV will be accepted at the SEF appoinment? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Do you mean after your VFS/Embassy appointment or your in Portugal appointment (AIMA now, not SEF)? We have used it for VFS, yes. For AIMA you need a real mailing address and a home under construction isn't going to have that. They will mail your residency card there.

@Castle23 I have the same question.  Have you found out anything more beyond this forum?

Best talk to a immigration lawyer however we can add a couple thoughts:

The idea is that you're proving you have accommodation upon arrival, not owning something alone as - for example - we understand commercial properties don't count for a D7. (One of our previous tenants in the Alentejo encountered this problem.) That would imply somewhere that is unliveable in its current state, would not be permissible.

We understand CPCVs and possibly other proofs of a purchase processing being undertaken *do* count however, so perhaps a lawyer can advise: perhaps if letters from a construction company quoting certain completion dates that may suffice? It's an idea anyway, given the idea of a CPCV is that there is liveable accomodation in the near future, and you may fall into that category with other forms of evidence(?). We would be curious to know the answer to this to better our understanding of this less common situation.