Expat Compounds Riyadh

Hello All,

I am moving to Riyadh in April and have been trying to find some accommodation. Im a female moving alone so finding a little tricky to work out the best areas, I think I would like to be in an Expat Compound. I am moving London.

Are there any newish areas which aren't too expensive, many of the ones I have looked at are a little top end. I would like to be close to Al Olaya, a commutable distance.

Budget-wise anything from 5000SAR - 7500SAR p/m would be ideal.

any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

@ZR0907 Hello Kindly send me message to my inbox.

@ZR0907 Hello, hope you have a safe flight.

Most of the expat compounds if not all will be within your budget,(70k+/y). Other than that is terms of close to ur work..  Al nahda is a nice neighborhood and has a very long walk/run track that's part of Al nahda park. It's also close to “the view mall” beautiful mall. Rush hour is tolerable there and it won't take u more than 10-20min to get home. It's also close to Ikea, extra and jarir (electronics/appliances/hardware  stores).

Overall if you won't love in the north like “al Yasmine”, “al malqa”, “al mohammadiya”.. Etc..”  find either a compound or a commercial apt project. E.g Sama residence (by Al Rajhi ) don't ever opt for normal apt buildings. It's very low class here. To each his own.

Hope this helps I really tried to breakdown the main points for you.

Don't hesitate to ask more detailed questions if needed.

Badr.

Try the MENA House compound - close to Olaya and Kingdom Tower - has a pool and gym and good fit out and under a year old. 5 mins walk to some great Middle Eastern restaraunts.

@Simon Hall57 you can find it on google maps

@BadrOS thanks so much, your response was really helpful. im visiting next week and have booked a viewing at al nahda it looks nice.   

@Simon Hall57 thanks Simon - this one was already on my list. looks great i have a viewing next week to check it out.

@ZR0907 yeah i lived there for a year - very good guys running the place and if you get the right apartment - great views of the Kingdom Tower

Hi ZR. I recently did an exhaustive search, and you should get villa-based apartments in and around Olaya(Urooba road, and the areas around are decent).

However- a budget of  75k-80k per annum for a 1 bedroom would be required. I couldn't find available compounds which were below 80K SAR, but my areas were around Mursalat( Taawun, Nahda, Sulaymaniyah, Izdihar) but All the best to you. (minimum found were 1-2 BHK for 80K). Finding decent homes in Riyadh(and availability in compounds), in my experience, and my colleagues around,  ranges from exhaustive to nightmarish, so- please come with that mindset. Hire local agents'  help, if available. The cost will be worth it.

Most UK crowd likes living around Qurtubah, Ghurnata, Safarat areas etc(again- my experience)., as they have decent compounds but your commute(barring Safarat i.e. DQ as its near Olaya) will be tremendous from the others.

Hi all! Literally just joined this forum now because of this thread! I will be relocating to Riyadh in the next month and am on the hunt for a 1 bed apartment close to my work which is at the Olaya/Tahliah street junction.

Looking to try to find something as close as possible to the office to avoid traffic. I am not too fussed about whether its a compound or a separate apartment as long as the place is clean, furnished and has a gym/fitness center facilities.

I've seen Mena House, looks great but a little pricey at over 100k. Does anyone have any suggestions of good compounds or units available? Or even a good reliable agent that can help point me in the right direction?! I'm looking to spend around 50/65k. Thank you.

@Rzn

Hello and welcome !

Till members share their feedback with you, feel free to reach out to Real estate agencies in Riyadh.

Regards

Bhavna

@Rzn

There are high class gyms like FT and Body masters and others in Riyadh so why vye for a gym in the compound with half the facilities of those. Better take an apartment in proximity to distance between office and gym. Much better have a car after you get your driving license.

@Mohit1029 thanks and yes that is what i was thinking. I'd rather save costs and am open to having an apartment outside of a compound too, especially if there is a big saving  to be made!

Regarding the driving license, i have a British driving license which I'm assuming will be valid for Saudi?

@Rzn

Yes British driving license is valid in Saudi Arabia, however you need to convert it to Saudi driving license and it's a formality only, you don't need to pass the test.

@ZR0907

Can you give us feedback on the places you viewed and the prices range please. Thanks T

Hey everyone, this thread is amazing.

I'm moving to Riydah beginning of May and I'm looking for a nice 1 bedroom in a compound that's 15 mins away or so from Al Faisaliah Towers as my office will be there.

I had an initial budget of 60K to 75K per year. Can you recommend me something?

Hi, thanks for helping on here. i cant find any compounds below 100k. did anyone else have any luck with this

Hello,

I'm looking to move to Riyadh through work in september/october with my husband and 2 children.  Ideally we'd like to stay in a multicultural compound with good facilities for children.  A 3 bedroom apartment/duplex with a max budget of about 165,000 riyals (annually), so about 14,000 a month max.  Any recommendations would be welcome, somewhere with a modern feel would be a plus!

@ZR0907 Hello,  I'm from Saudi Arabia and I live in Riyadh

Hello all

I'm also an expat female moving to Riyadh and looking to rent a furnished apartment in a gated compound close to King Saud University / Cenomi U Walk. Budget per year 80-90K

Helpppppp

Hi Guys, i'm a bit late to the party here but moving to Riyadh from Dubai in a months time with my wife.

We would ideally like to stay in a compound just because of the community element (don't know anyone in Riyadh so would want to develop bit of a social life).

I'll be working in the financial center (Al Olaya), and my wife is a lawyer so she'll be somewhere there as well.

Budget is max 300k / yr - we're fine with either a 3 bedroom or a small villa.

Would greatly appreciate your recommendation.

Hi Guys, I am looking for a Furnished 3BR Villa, Budget 100,000 per annum and located west of digital city, riyadh and Pet Friendly. Thank you for Assistance.

@jvr1563

hello and welcome !

Feel free to create an advert in the Housing section to receive offers.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello all, British family of 4 hopefully heading to Riyadh. Just in the offer stage for a role. We'll be looking for a 3 bed apartment or villa in a compound. Could anyone give some insight into costs?

@ahmedkhaledhussein93 Hey, did you manage to find anything? I think we're on the same boat :')

Hi All,

I just shifted to Riyadh a couple of days back and actively looking for a 1/2br apartment to rent in or near As Sulimainyah. My budget is 60-80k. I looked at a few apartments in the last 2 days but neither the quality of the building nor the apartment itself is any good. Most of them don't have any balcony and the windows are so small that you feel claustrophobic. I found 1-2 decent ones but they are not worth the price or the buildings are too old. I believe the compounds worth living are too expensive. Mid-budget are just housing complexes with no facilities asking for double their worth. I need a clean and modern place. Please share suggestions, areas, or any contacts you might have to help me.

@vaibhavbansal0103

I am also in the same boat..

If you could any agent  or contact will be useful to me

Hi everyone

Im also reallocating to Riyadh in August. I‘ll be alone the first year so i‘ll need 1 bedroom apartment, and afterwards my family will move in and we will go for a 3 BR

Since my wife will be coming for regular visits, would be nice to stay in the same compound ideally.

We are looking for international ambient, and close to the german school (Al Bustan) and airport

Andorra, Al Bustan, Wadi Qortaba, Al Nakheel or Arizona look OK, but so far we have been struggling with availability, not to mention their costs

I will have an allowance of 180k, would be OK to top it up a bit for a nice place to animate my family to join me.

On the quotations already received, I was surprised to realize that my budget is good for the 1 bedroom, but is very tight on the scenario that they‘ll come later on

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice?

Can list prices be negotiated a bit?

Thank you

@Rasaqib Please send me an email to send you a brochure

@M-BCN40 Sorry I don't have an answer for your but I have exactly the same scenario, dates and family size moving 1 year later only coming from Canada. I am focused on the 1 yr 1 bedroom setup, If you do happen to come across anything reasonable appreciate if you could share.

@queenie akkie

I am moving around mid July to Riyadh, looking for accomodation - would benefit from the brochure your were offering to share with another person who was interested in the same

Hi Newcomer

so far I shortlisted Andorra and Al Nakhla for 1 bedroom options. Most likely I will go for the 2nd option

Let me know when you settle down in case you want to hang out for coffee

best

I found Antara and California Dunes quite cost savvy, but I am not very impressed from the quality of the brochers