Online shopping - USA credit card sending items to Philippines?

I've been trying to send Christmas gifts to the Philippines and I'm running into nothing but roadblocks. I'm an American, currently in USA, using American issued credit cards. I've tried a number of online retailers but none will accept my credit/debit cards as payment methods. Any suggestions?

@Adam478 Have you tried to send gifts from  lazada.com.ph/? (VPN Client to the Philippines or a Filipino home address may be required.) Or a Multi-Currency Card like wise.com/us/card/. American Banks and Institutions have an inconvenient way of preventing international expenditures. You may have to contact your bank.

If you are trying to buy gifts from Philippine online retailers like Shopee or Lazada you may have to open a GCash or Maya account which is very easy to do. You can link a GCash account to your Lazada account or you can transfer cash to your Lazada wallet using PayMaya. You can load PayMaya using Western Union which has good exchange rates and low transfer fees if you use a debit card or checking account. Online wallets are very popular in the Philippines. PayMaya will also pay up to 6% interest on the money you have in your account for a period of time.

I live in a province where credit cards are rarely accepted so I use cash or the wallets more often than the credit card. Lazada would sometimes accept my Wells Fargo credit card but the fees and poor exchange rates had me looking for better ways. Now I use Remitly or WU to load a wallet and have more control over fees and exchange rates. I don't have a Philippine back account and so far I have no reason to open one.

It has been reported in this forum that Amazon will ship to the philippines for free. A possible solution for you…

@Adam478 Yes... like moondog or skip is one of the best ways to go for shipping however; recipients must have a Philippines address...  what works for me is amazon or even eBay.. and a paypal account as to protect yourself to receive refunds if at all possible..  you will run into issues not being send using shopee (never, ever use prepaid with either shopee or lazada)..  I learned that the hard way and still dealing with trying to get a refund.   just my 2 cents worth.  good luck -Tony

@Moon Dog Thanks. You thought me something.  Not in the Philippines yet, but will use this as a point of reference.

Thanks for all the advice. I looked into the Wise card and that looks promising

Have you considered using GCash for your payments? This is a convenient and simple option, especially for international transactions.  GCash offers a user-friendly interface and secure transactions, making it a popular choice for global payments.

Have you considered using GCash for your payments? This is a convenient and simple option, especially for international transactions.  GCash offers a user-friendly interface and secure transactions, making it a popular choice for global payments.        -@davissgurban

Thanks for the great advice1f600.svg

GCash is even worse. Wanting a Philippines' number from me to register.

I ordered Lazada from the states to be delivered to my Fiancé. We used her Lazada account, and I used my US debit card. Now that I'm here in Philippines I still do it. Order on her account, pay for with my US debit card. Have had no issues whatsoever. Refunds occasionally, faster than Amazon!

P.S. Amazon to Philippines is not entirely free. Some stuff is, some isn't. Be aware.

Shopee is a bit behind the times, they don't allow foreign credit cards whilst Lazada does allow foreign credit cards, I can't understand why that should be.

Shopee is a bit behind the times, they don't allow foreign credit cards whilst Lazada does allow foreign credit cards, I can't understand why that should be.

-@FindlayMacD

Yes especially given that Shopee is a Singaporean multinational company. Lazada is a Chinese outfit 1f914.svg

FindlayMacD said. . . .  Shopee is a bit behind the times, they don't allow foreign credit cards whilst Lazada does allow foreign credit cards, I can't understand why that should be.

When shopping on Shopee, Philippine to Philippine purchase (you in the Philippines and delivered in the Philippines) you have the option of c.o.d.

Cash not credit cards.       

FindlayMacD said. . . .  Shopee is a bit behind the times, they don't allow foreign credit cards whilst Lazada does allow foreign credit cards, I can't understand why that should be.
When shopping on Shopee, Philippine to Philippine purchase (you in the Philippines and delivered in the Philippines) you have the option of c.o.d.
Cash not credit cards.       

-@Enzyte Bob

COD is the only option if you only have a foreign credit card.

Findlaysaid. . . . Shopee is a bit behind the times, they don't allow foreign credit cards whilst Lazada does allow foreign credit cards, I can't understand why that should be.

I SAID. . . . When shopping on Shopee, Philippine to Philippine purchase (you in the Philippines and delivered in the Philippines) you have the option of c.o.d. .Cash not credit cards. 

FindlayMacD replied. . . . COD is the only option if you only have a foreign credit card.

I never would prepay on Shopee or Lazada or similar because I don't have full trust in the seller. I trusted S&R and had a hard time getting a refund over an overcharge.