Moving pets abroad

Hi, does anyone know how easy it is to get a cat moved from England to Norway?

Howdy,

It shouldn't be too bad. We just moved here from the US with our 90lb. dog and it went pretty smoothly. You just need to make sure that the animal has all its shots and a microchip and you'll need to obtain an EU pet passport (do a google search for this). Here's the link to an outline regjeringen.no/en/dep/ud/Documents/veiledninger/2006/Diplomat-in-Norway/25.html?id=419553

One tip: I had to wait for two hours at the airport for a vet to come out and check our pup and all the paper work. I wish I had gotten his card. Anyway, notify the authorities of your arrival flight so that someone will be there to check the animal. Of course this may all be moot if you just carry the cat on and off the plane and nobody hassles you at the airport. Best of luck!

Stefan

thanks so much for the info, very helpful, :)

i just moved from the US to Norway with my dog and while it was a quite easy process, the shot schedule took a while.  The cat/dog must undergo a titration test or something which means an additional blood test that they must take, send in, etc.  But the trick is that the test has to be taken 4 months or more AFTER a rabies shot...which can be tricky.  My cat was supposed to make the journey with me, but didn't meet shot schedules and would have had to stay in the US an additional 6 months... So he is staying with my family member.  Otherwise, everything worked just fine.  Please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions!

Thanks so much for information, seems quite tricky, hopefully all will go smoothly, where abouts in Bergen are you? ive been here since May, send me a message if you would like to meet for a coffee anytime, ive just met up with some expat recently for coffee all really nice girls.
hope you settle in well. best of luck