Working on Norwegian oil&gas platform

Hi all,

I am Alessio, almost 40 years old and I dream to move to Norway. My plan is to realize my project in the next 12 months.

I would like to ask if it is possible to find an employment on the oil and gas offshore plants in Norway without a real qualification in that field. Am I too late (40 years old)? Is there the necessity to have a background in the sector? I am aware I am not an engineer and I don't preted a top manager position clearly, just trying to understand how that world works.

By the way, in order to increase the possibility to get a job in that field, which city should I prefer?

Thanks a lot for your time

All the best

Alessio
Sorry to be negative but unless you have qualifications and work experience you will not et such a job.
you can have a look through the jobs in the oil and gas sector on Finn to see if anything is relevant to your skills

there are of course people who aren't engineers on the platforms and in the industry in general- I have a friend who was part of the communication network support, and the platform people need food and all kinds of other support.