EP Rejected

Hello Folks,
I just got my EP application rejected and the reason was (This candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for another Candidate), has anyone encountered such a reason? When probed about the rejection MOM replied that ‘they are not able to disclose further information regarding the rejection'. 
What does it mean? I want to appeal but I don't understand how do you try to resolve their concerns if they are unable to give you informations about why they are rejecting your application.?
To give you a bit of context, I'm an expert in my field with more then 20 years working experience with well established companies, never had any issue with the law (except parking tickets). My posted salary is more than 3 times the minimum required for the Eligibilty of an EP.
Anyone who experienced this before?
Cheers!

@zakovich007 Hi, I just got my EP appeal approved after the appeal submitted 3 weeks. Submitted on 14th Mar and just get approved 7th April. My previous rejection letter indicate: This candidate does not meet the qualifying criteria. In line with the rising local wages, the criteria for EP have been tightened to ensure the EP holders are complementary to local workforce. If you still choose to employ this candidate, you can submit appeal. My first appeal failed as the company didn't change anything, but 2nd appeal get successful because they revised my salary higher. If it is convenient, can you share the whole description in the rejection letter? 

Probably HR or you filled up incorrect information. Please refer to past posts, there's same case as yours. 
Zakovich: This is a very common rejection reason, but not easy to resolve. Please read related forum posts to find out more!
Basically, their advice is correct: The employer should better find somebody else to hire (and you another job, maybe in another country).