S Pass Appeal is taking too much time

Hi dears,

My name is Moataz, I'm Egyptian and recently was accepted for a position in Singapore from the same employer as we are a multinational company.
The employer applied for an S Pass, but it got rejected and the reason was missing a certification, HR said that they didn't ask for it when applying the first time, but it seems a good sign that it will be approved upon appealing and providing the required certification since there are no other reasons for rejection.

Date of Application: 18/11/2021
Pass Type: S PASS
Appeal:  3/12/2021

However, it is has been almost 6 weeks since the appeal took place, it is really frustrating for me, I have been waiting for this opportunity for so long and now it is not clear what will happen.

If anyone had the same experience could please advise!
Another question, will the status of S Pass change upon approval of the appeal or HR will have the information before updating the online portal. 

Thanks in advance.

i appealed on 16/12/2021 too hope u can share if u have good news

i think it will change from rejected to approved if appeal is successful

edit: my HR also received a standard generic email
from MoM on 3/1/2022 saying that they would need another 3 weeks. have your HR reach out to MoM to expedite the process?

Hi dear, thanks for your feedback.
I didn't receive any updates from HR since the appeal dated 3/12/2021.. The only feedback I received mid of December was that it is still pending for approval..
I will try to reach out to check if they received same generic email or not..

Will keep you posted with all updates.

Hi dear,
Today i got HR reply that appeal was rejected without specific reason this time and they couldn't generate S Pass for me..
Wish you better luck than mine..

sorry to hear that. If I were you, maybe I would find out what the exact wording is, because from what I read here, there are reasons that imply if you apply again using other company, it would be rejected again. its something like "this candidate is not eligible for workpass. please look for other candidate". its vague but i think it include cases for people with criminal record or a specific nationality/race or other unknown reasons,  but worth finding out if you wish to try again in the future