Renewal of Ltvp holder

I am Singaporean & my husband is a LTVP pass holder for the past 3 years. The first time we applied he was given 1 year subsequently 2 years.

We did a renewal again after 2?years & this time he was given 2 years again.   When we ask the officer at the counter how come he was not given LTVP+ & more over only 2 years he said it was base on merits. I told him my husband friend who is an Algerian married to a chinese was given 3 years & Ltvp+.

Firstly i would to like to know what is the difference  between LTVP & LTVP+.

Second what does he mean by base on merits! What sort of merit ?

Kay

Mine is not a case of renewal but I was granted LTVP+ for 3 years upon my first application.

I understand that applicants typically get LTVP+ if they have been married for at least 3 years, which is the case for us. We are also expecting our first child and they will be a Singaporean citizen when born. I remember the application included a question about whether I was pregnant. I think that may have played a part.

The difference between LTVP and LTVP+ is the duration of the pass. LTVP+ is longer, i.e. 3-5 years. But otherwise I believe the rights are the same.

The LTVP+ was originally invented to allow some LTVP holders to work. That was changed later, so for some time, I believe, there was no difference. And now they have made LTVP+ the longer-term pass. I think there might be more changes coming.
"Merit" means how the authorities think Singapore would benefit from the presence of the applicant. There is nothing you can do about their assessment. But having (Singaporean) kids and/or a good job is of course a BIG plus.

Thank you for the reply 🙏🏻

Thank you Beppi. Any idea what kind of changes ? Will it affect us.