S Pass Requirements for those with Tuition Grant in Singapore

Hi,

I am a poly graduate from SP this year and I recently received a job offer with a salary of 2.2k. The salary is slightly lower than the stated minimum on MOM's website which is 2.5k but I am under the tuition grant scheme.

I was wondering if MOM would provide some flexibility and still approve my S Pass application. Otherwise, I would need to convince my employer to offer me 2.5k instead. I also have an eligibility form from my school.

Please provide some advice and actions I can take to ensure higher chances of getting my S Pass approved as I am aware your application can still get rejected although you have a tuition grant.

Thank You guys!

Hi Jackkkieeedann,

MOM has mentioned that minimum salary for S Pass is S$2500. I am afraid that your application will be very thin to get an approval with that salary offered.
Have you tried the SAT? what was the result?

I heard that there is a special case for Malaysian nationality, even the salary offered is slightly lower than the threshold, yet get an approval.

I suggest you renegotiate with your potential employer and convince them that you are qualified to get a new salary. Pin down the relevant portfolio/projects that you have done during the study in Poly.

Unless you are Malaysian citizen (for whom unpublished lower thresholds seem to apply), you have no chance to get an S-Pass below S$2500/month.
Maybe it's time to find an employer with fairer remuneration policies?