New member purchasing a villa in Punta Cana

Hello everyone,

My name is Reynaldo and my wife's name is Wendy. She was born in La Vega and lived in La Capital. We currently live in Oslo, Norway and just purchased a Villa in Punta Cana. We have some help from family/ locales but as we are far from La Vega, I am reaching out for any tips in getting the house ready. It is new a new construction home. No a/c units installed but wired for them in each room. No major furniture yet and want to know if any good local shops in the area. Anyway lots to ask so will leave it at that for now. Appreciate all the tips 🙂

Hello and welcome to the forums! I'm not sure who we have on here living in Punta Cana, but it's my understanding that you should be able to find everything  you need there...unlike where we are in Las Terrenas!  :(

Welcome!  There are lots of stores in Punta cana now!  Unfortunately most will be on the expensive side.  When furnishing an entire house you will find trips to the capital worthwhile!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like taking trips to the Capitol will be worth it. Also looking through the other threads to make my decision on TVs, either to buy local or pay for shipping one in from the USA.

Just buy them here. Prices are coming down on electronics.  Always remember the minute you bring in the item you also void any warranty.

Illumel has an outlet store on the second floor of its store.  They do not deliver from the outlet store but will arrange for delivery.  There is an Electro Lama in Veron that is good for appliances  I had air conditioners put in by someone recommended to me.  that was 2 years ago and no problems.  He also put in my ceiling fans.  We have stores and yes a bit more expensive.  In Veron on Ave. Barcelo there is a 2 store furniture store but have not been in it so cannot say what they have or how expensive.  Welcome to Punta Cana

Thanks for all this, it really helps. I will likely do shopping both in or near Punta Cana and SD. I need all major appliances, including what I can't find online which is a water heater.

Water heaters you will find in the ferreteria.