Is there any chance for an EP if big change in salary in 2021

Hi all,

As another post, my agency is applying a new EP for me. But there is a significant chance in my salary from existing company to new company which they are offering. The detail is 6k+ to 8k

Dont know if any one here also have a similar salary change recently and got approved?

Thanks very much.

I am confused, in the other post from you on the forum, you mentioned you are coming to Singapore. Now you are asking a query that pertains to a salary bump of 2K.

What's it? Are you in Singapore and switching jobs? If so, yes 2K bump is significant and must be justified.

If you are in some other country and moving to Singapore, this post is irrelevant. You are confusing us all.

I say that because if you are moving to SG, a lot of factors come into play for your salary to be finalised, namely-

1. Where are your currently working (which country), the economy variation to be precise

2. What are you fetching now, versus what's being offered. If you are flying in to SG from UK or US, from 4K to 6K (example) is actually a dip not an increment. Whilst if you are coming in from a developing economy who's economy is lower than SG, it's a fair bump given SG isn't cheap (in the literal sense).

Kindly clarify, because from your other post it appeared you are coming to SG for work now, not currently in country and moving jobs.

Appreciate if you read through relevant threads here for info before posting vague/ unclear queries.

Good luck either ways for your EP.

Hi Shekhz,

Thanks for your detail response for both threads!, yes, I have been working here in SG for almost 6 years and now going to switch a job.

Cos this time the EP form is quite different from my previous ones so I have some unclear points would like to ask for advise.

Sorry to make you confused Shekhz,

Maybe my English still poor! haha

No worries, got it.

For the new EP application from your new employer, hope the salary bump is justified in a cover letter. If so, MoM will review, else there are several rejections even with a 500 bump.

Agencies and employers are aware, they do justify.

Thanks very much Shekhz,

Have a nice weekend ahead