Tourist visa

Hi,
I've been told that di CW the pandemic, Bali is not issuing tourist visas And that I can only apply gor a business visa which cost 8,000,000 IDR. Is this correct?

Hello, sorry to say that, i've no idea about Business Visa, thanks.

We just heard that Bali is opening in early May?

Do you mean opening for tourist Visas?

The part that tourist visas are not being issued is true. There are a ton of "agents" charging about $1,000 per person to obtain a business visa for them because it requires proof of funds, ie. $10,000 in the bank, which they will do for you. I found it is MUCH cheaper if you found the forms yourself on the embassy website and have a trusted person in Jakarta walk them in for you. If you do not have anyone, then you are probably SOL and have to resort to these scalpers.

Kowgirl_Kam wrote:

The part that tourist visas are not being issued is true. There are a ton of "agents" charging about $1,000 per person to obtain a business visa for them because it requires proof of funds, ie. $10,000 in the bank, which they will do for you. I found it is MUCH cheaper if you found the forms yourself on the embassy website and have a trusted person in Jakarta walk them in for you. If you do not have anyone, then you are probably SOL and have to resort to these scalpers.

Proof of founds required Is 1500 US dollars, and  to get the business visa u need a company to sponsor u wich Is provider from them, thats why u need an agency that provide It, wich Is illegal because there Is not any true relationship between the visitor and the Company.
Till few weeks ago, immigration blind their eyes on that, but now there Is a task force dedicated to random control on that and already many people has been denied to enter at the airport.

in the way to improve the faithfull comment of Marcello (thank you again for your relevant news as always, Marcello) everybody can visit the IATA website. It is an official website whom give all administrative issues to travel.
For those interested with Indonesia, let me recommend warmly to visit the immigration official website of Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi.
In the way to get a visa (any kind of visa) you will have to register the DJI website with a valid email.
After your registration is confirmed, you will be given all legals and officials protocol to obtain a visa with DJI.
Any kind of visa has minimal administrative fee of 200 000,00 rupiah and additional fee for DJI labor, more or less 150US Dollars.

martinaston906 wrote:

in the way to improve the faithfull comment of Marcello (thank you again for your relevant news as always, Marcello) everybody can visit the IATA website. It is an official website whom give all administrative issues to travel.
For those interested with Indonesia, let me recommend warmly to visit the immigration official website of Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi.
In the way to get a visa (any kind of visa) you will have to register the DJI website with a valid email.
After your registration is confirmed, you will be given all legals and officials protocol to obtain a visa with DJI.
Any kind of visa has minimal administrative fee of 200 000,00 rupiah and additional fee for DJI labor, more or less 150US Dollars.

Hi Martinaston, procedure and Fees are corret, but with the introduction of evisa, onluy the indonesian sponsor can apply for an offshore evisa from the DJI website, uploading the foreigner's document and if accepted the sponsor will receive the evisa on his email address and send It to the foreigner.