Hi All!

My name is Ida from Singapore.

My husband would be transferred to Brunei come early next year and so me and my kids - aged 3 and 5 would be following as well.

However, I would like to know how is life in Brunei? How is the education system there? What is the major shopping malls there and do they have any nice designer boutiques there as well?

I am pretty interested to find out more since I would be spending for about two years there. Thanks!

Ida, welcome !
I hope you'll find the answers you're looking for ! :-)

Welcome on board Ida!

Hi Ida,

Brunei Darussalam is a small and really peaceful country.

I notice that you are coming with your family and it is really the perfect place for family life with yound children.

For Education , the system here is quit good and you will be able to find good quality government or private school for a reasonnable price.

For shopping , according the size of the country and the population (around 400000) , it is not so bad . In Bandar Seri Begawan, you  will find some good shopping mall and mostly shopping areas . The MALL in Gadond and Kiulap shopping area (the amount of shop is really huge). For nice designer boutique the choice is limited.

We are here for one year now and really we have no regrets at all.

Didier

Hi Ida,
I am also looking at moving over to Brunei, as my husband is already there working. I also have a 3 yr daughter and very interested in the life style and schooling.

We have lived in Australia for 11 yrs but we are kiwis(New Zealand) so making this move would be huge for myself and family.

Would luv to hear from anyone that can offer me any advice.

Also is there much entertainment for children.