S pass application and appeal

Hi. For those whose S pass or E pass application got denied, can we provide here a timeline for our reference. I will post my own timeline as per below for your information. I am also providing you my industry of work so everyone can have a comparison given similar conditions.

Type of pass: S pass
Industry : Construction
Date of application : 21 Oct 2020
Result (Rejected) : 04 Nov 2020
Date of 1st appeal : 04 Nov 2020
Status as of 11 Nov : still rejected (it wont change unless the pass gets approved)

Please follow this format. Thanks

Industry : Electronics
My Location: Residing outside Singapore
Date of application : 17 Oct 2020
Result (Rejected) : 02 Nov 2020
Date of 1st appeal : No appeal yet

Type of pass:E Pass
Industry: Restaurant
My location: Residing out of Singapore
Date of application:12 October 2020
Result (Rejected): 04 November 2020
Date of 1st appeal: No appeal yet

Industry : Software
Date of application : 29 Sept 2020
Result (Rejected) : 08 Oct 2020

Type of pass: E Pass
Industry: IT
Date of application : 06 Oct 2020
Result (Rejected) : 19 Oct 2020
Date of 1st appeal : 23 Oct 2020
Result (Approved) : 04 Nov 2020

hosadavid wrote:

Type of pass: E Pass
Industry: IT
Date of application : 06 Oct 2020
Result (Rejected) : 19 Oct 2020
Date of 1st appeal : 23 Oct 2020
Result (Approved) : 04 Nov 2020

Congratulations!
Were you in Singapore during the time of application?

Industry : Construction
Date of application : 19 Oct 2020
Result (Rejected) : 02 Nov 2020
Date of 1st appeal : 02 Nov 2020
Status as of 13 Nov : still rejected (it wont change unless the pass gets approved)

I'm running out of time. My STVP will expire next week. Not sure how to go about this and if I can request for extension at MOM. Planning to head down there tomorrow to explain my situation. Anyone else in the same boat?

Industry : Academic/Research
Date of application : 16 Oct 2020
Result (Rejected) : 23 Oct 2020

Industry : Research
Date of application : 16 Oct 2020
Result (Rejected) : 23 Oct 2020

Hi, was your salary above 6000SGD? Also, was your salary increased at the time of appeal?
Thank you

Sector: Service (Admin Manager)

Applied: 8 July 2020
Rejected: 9 July 2020
Appealed: 11 July 2020
My employer already gave up and told me that he cant wait too long : 31 August 2020
Approved: 18 September 2020

Actually He forgotten to cancel my application already LOL, he called me and told me that my pass has been approved. He still hired me anyway LOL. After 8 months of being jobless. Still lucky because I have my S-Pass now.

andybarr wrote:

Sector: Service (Admin Manager)

Applied: 8 July 2020
Rejected: 9 July 2020
Appealed: 11 July 2020
My employer already gave up and told me that he cant wait too long : 31 August 2020
Approved: 18 September 2020

Actually He forgotten to cancel my application already LOL, he called me and told me that my pass has been approved. He still hired me anyway LOL. After 8 months of being jobless. Still lucky because I have my S-Pass now.

Were you in Singapore at the time of application?

Hi, I'm WP holding candidate.
I got a sp job. My employment agency
Apply sp on 16th sep 2020.
Rejected on 3rd oct 2020 (reason salary)
8th oct 2020 Appealed
Rejected again 12th Nov 2020.
Agency check with MOM they replays candidate current salary is to low.

Is there anyone have same issues?
And give me any solution to get the sp job.
I getting now 1.2k per month.

Arun: The minimum salary for S-Pass is S$2500/month (higher for more experienced or educated persons).

Hello everyone. I've been lurking in this forum for quite some time now while waiting for my S-Pass. I figured it would be great for my sanity to share my experience with you. For reference, I got an S-Pass (research) job in one of the big universities in SG.

26 May - First application
08 Jun - Rejected.
09 Jun - Appeal submitted.
22 Jun - Rejected.
23 Jun - Appeal submitted.
06 Jul - Rejected.

HR mentioned that the rejection was due to quota issue. I just hope that this gets resolved very soon.
Do-file: The second rejection is final, so you lost your chance for this job. I am puzzled why it should be quota issues - those are known to HR beforehand and this can only happen in case of an incompetent HR.

@beppi Same sentiments about the HR and quota, actually. Yesterday, they sent me another form to fill out for a new work pass application. The HR and the hiring managers made a verbal assurance that it would be approved this time, but I'm not sold anymore (since anything can tick off MoM and reject the application again even with such "quota" issue), and I don't think I can go through such uncertainty again.

@beppi Just an update. The HR replied and they resubmitted a new application. "Your application was re-submitted yesterday, which we think may have a better chance as every month on 6th/7th  the work pass quota is re-computed based on the workforce of the company."

This still sounds like a gamble.
Ask them whether, since last month, they have fired another foreigner or hired sufficient locals to make space for you in their quota!
Good day,
I encountered a problem here.

1st.) I have resigned from my current job and my last day is 12July. The new job supposed to be on 25July. However, recruiter make some error in MCF. Hence, they will help me apply Spass on 5th August (the date of 2nd job posting end).

2.) May I know will MOM penalized or judged my Spass application on 5 August. As by right, the recruiter should apply my Spass on 24June(the date of 1st job posting ended before repost the 2nd job posting in MCF). I will be at my hometown and jobless for 6 weeks until the next revised  start working date. 

I am so worry that MOM will reject me.

I have professional cert(4 years course) from Malaysia and diploma from Singapore.
YHL: There are many possible reasons for your work pass application to be rejected - you never have a guarantee to receive approval. That's why we always recommend to resign from the previous job only after approval of the new pass!
The processing time is 1 - 2 months, so you will probably receive the results between 5. Sep. and 5.Oct if everything works smoothly.

@beppi Thanks for guiding us all here in this forum. After these rejections, I was fully convinced that the HR may have not done enough to get the s-pass application through, so I decided to withdraw my appointment from the research position. The uncertainty was too much to take and their "belief" that it will be approved in the resubmission was not reassuring enough.