Moving to Leon,Nicaragua

We recently created a Facebook page for Expats and folks looking for more information on moving to or living in Nicaragua.(Expats in Leon) We would love to connect with those expats already in the country and those considering a move there. There is a lot of misinformation about Nicaragua both in the press and from various web site, but we are confident that once more people have had the opportunity to check out this beautiful country, they will find that is quickly going to become the "new Costa Rica" and the next hot tourist destination in Central America.

Please also check out our blog

livinginleon.wordpress.com and our Facebook page Leon Travel Bureau. Please feel free to contact us with any information regarding free relocation assistance. We look forward to talking with you!

Your timing is amazing. I 'retired' about 3 weeks ago and have been focused for several years on Leon. Recently I got sidetracked on that and started to look at sailboats to liveaboard here in San Diego. FATE to have received this blog today???? I will be interested to see what other info you might post in the coming months before I finalize anything. My research on Leon showed it to be a good choice over other Nica cities. I'd lived in San Jose, CR for about 3 years doing post-grad studies so familiar with what I need to look for and to avoid. Leon in my mind meets all my requirements as the place to live out my years. Keep me informed please.

Welcome to Expat.com coolcaroline !

It would be really nice if you could also help people on Expat.com ;)