Hostel Opening in Popoyo. Information for business plan needed.

Hello everyone,

a friend of mine and I are planning to open a hostel in Popoyo.

We have travelled through Nicaragua last year for a month and fell in love with the country!

At the moment we're working on our business plan and trying to get information for our micro-environment analysis.

As it is quite hard to find relevant information online, I was wondering if you guys could help us. Maybe you have more information already.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Jakob & Lars

@JakobSchmidt

I have nothing specific to offer. But inthe event that you get nothing better, just note that I have read here in the past that it is best to get a reliable local lawyer who knows about real estate purchase by foreigners. Then find a reliable real estate agent if you don't already have a property in mind.  Apparently, navigating foreigner land purchases can be tricky with a potential plethora of pitfalls.

Good luck. Put my name in your data bank and contact me if you get this off the ground. I would love to come to Nica for a month or so and do prefer hostel accommodation.

I have lived in Nicaragua for the past 2 and half years. Let me know what relocation questions you may have.