Looking for a partners to start a hostel.

Hey Guys,

My name is Pete Schmalz, I am from Ontario, Canada.  I'm currently looking for a partner or partners to start a backpacker hostel somewhere in Central America.  Right now I'm looking at land in Nicaragua on the Pacific side.  My dream is for a eco-tourism surf hostel but I'm very open to new ideas.

I have a University Degree in International Tourism Development and a College Diploma in Outdoor Adventure and Eco-Tourism, so there is no shortage of knowledge on the subject from my side.  I also have traveled to around 36 countries, including almost every country in Central and South America.   

I have a good amount of money saved up but I need a partner to split the financial costs and the work load.  Non of my friends or family is interested in anything like this, so I've turned to the internet to meet my business partner!

If anyone out there is interested in something similar drop me a line! I'd love to chat! I'm flying to Nicaragua on Dec 18 to look at properties and scout locations!

Hello Pete,

Welcome to Expat.com

I suggest you to drop your ad under the Business partners in Nicaragua section of the website.

Thank you

Christopher
Expat.com

Hey Pete!
I'm also from Canada and currently in the process of purchasing beachfront property in Salinas Grande, on the Pacific coat of Nicaragua, close to Leon. It's a stunning beach with great surf. The town is small with not a ton of development yet, but the property is in a good location. Ideally I'd like to build a hostel with a small restaurant and bar. I've been in the hospitality industry for more than a decade, working at and managing a few restaurants and bars. I've also done a fair bit of travelling myself, staying in hostels along the way. If you're interested in discussing further, let me know!
Krista Rohatyn

:) I have some leased land in popoyo.so far I have built a water tower over the salt well that was on the property. I am 10 km from the new airport Esmerelda.  I have wanted to set up a small 3 room hostel on the property but I am finding it difficult to find investors as well. If you are interested please get back to me. I am Canadian.

:) I have some leased land in popoyo.,so far I have built a water tower over the salt well that was on the property. I am 10 km from the new airport Esmerelda.  I have wanted to set up a small 3 room hostel on the property but I am finding it difficult to find investors as well. If you are interested please get back to me. I am Canadian. I am looking to retire in Nica so a small scale hostel is what I am looking at, and I have been toying with the idea of doing a time share for surfers.  3 units with an open palm roof on the second story. Perhaps a coffee bar. The location is close to the volcanic baths and a 2 min walk from the beach, very close to the local fishing village. There is a usable building on it already, and the water tower. It needs a proper septic system. You may want to go smaller to start and get your feet wet before you commit to a large scale endeavor. Do you speak spanish? If you think you might be interested get back to me, would be nice to chat to someone with similar dreams.

Hey Pete what's your email? Could be very keen mine is ***

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Pete what's your email??

Hi Andy
Since this post, things have changed in my life. I am still in Canada but leaving soon for Nica. I recently married and my husband and I are planning to immigrate in the next few months  however being the kinda girl that likes to always have a backup plan I would love your email just in case. Mine is ***.  we may decide to sell the property and move further inland.

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Interesting post this for hostel, I also want to start at hostel in Nica, but searching for all information about it law/Work permits/Building /rental hostel etc before I move forward on this... also putting a side savings.now..  So would like to follow this post, if we can share information for common interest :)

:) sounds good

My wife and I are planning no moving to Nicaragua at the end of the year and are looking for partners. I would be interested in talking more.

Hi everyone,

@ 68mph, i suggest you drop your own "looking for" advert in the Nicaragua classifieds under the Business partners section. Interested members will contact you directly.

All the best,

Dear hasbeen,

I just read your post. You wanted to chat up with someone who has ideas, well, that's me!  Except I don't have any money.  Like you, I am a semi-retired Canadian woman and am looking to rent a home in Nica.  I spent February there and came back twenty years younger!  I can still swim way out in the Ocean...  who knew.

While there, I was staying at a small hostel in Granada and thought about using a small portion of room rentals to feed some strays.  There is a whole concept there that would work with North Americans and Europeans.  They don't really need just another hostel.

Anyways, if you want to chat, feel free.  My name is Julie-Marie.  I am fluent in Spanish and English (French is my mother tongue).  Also, if anyone knows of a cheap (like 250$/m) rental, around Masaya, Rivas, Granada, San Juan del Sur (not IN the horrible town) or anywhere else, I'm interested.

à bientôt,

julie-marie

Rescinding that offer, I've found my partners

Hi Pete, have you found a partner or partners to invest in your tour/hostel in Nicaragua yet?

My name is Grace and I'm in the process of selling my commercial property here in Vancouver. Nicaragua is a place I have interest in living and investing in.

Thoughts please.

Cheers!
Grace Soligo

Grace I am just on my way down there to have a look at Nicaragua to see if I am gonna like it there.  If I do I plan on migrating there and opening some type of small business.  ..not sure yet but something relaxed and chilled.
Don't wanna be in debt and just looking to have a quiet life stress free life.

Sounds about what I'm looking for.
Keep in touch. Let me know what you find out.

Cheers!

Sounds good Grace.
After December I will know for sure what my plans are gonna be....
Have u every thought about Panama?

A Canadian friend of mine is selling her 2 beach houses in Salinas Grandes. All documents in order, and also the permit to use it for a business:
http://www.murphybythesea.com/

Hi Pete;
how is your project?

I am in Real Estate development in Northern Ontario. I am interested to expand to Nicaragua farm land  development.

Damon

How's things going with the Surfshop