Flat hunting & real estate

Hello!

Next month I am relocating to Cardiff and I am looking for a flat to rent either in Cardiff or in Newport.
I would appreciate if anyone could please recommend me any real estate agencies used by yourselves in the past.

Many cheers!!!
U.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You should be aware that Cardiff is in COVID lockdown and if, as your forum information tells me you are currently in France, you will have to go into COVID isolation for 14 days from the day you arrive.  As an Expat you will find it extremely difficult to even feed yourself, let alone go house hunting, my advice to you is to stay away until Wales has sorted out its COVID issues.

This link will take you to the Welsh Government website with the latest COVID advice for the Cardiff area.

To answer your direct question - at the top of the page is a link to our Housing Section; you can try there first to see if/what has been advertised there.  Failing that Google will help you find the established estate agencies in the area you choose to live.  As in all things on the Internet, you should be aware of scammers.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Where are you relocating from? I'm in America and I have a lot of family in Barry. I'm actually finding that N Wales appeals to me, although I've never explored it, except as a kid visiting my relatives in the mine area.
Let me know what's available for housing in Cardiff. What kind of work do you do?

Hi Umberto_UK

Could you find the flat you've been looking for?

Any advice to share regarding the best places to rent/buy in Cardiff/Newport area?

Cheers,
Lucas