Thinking about relocating to Cost Rica from U.S.A.

We are seniors with some health problems so medical care is an important issue for us. I am on dialysis. We are both artist and would love information concerning neighborhoods in San Jose where artist live and have their studios. Information on arist colonies in other parts of Costa Rica would also be appreciated.

Hoard Goldson
[link moderated]

Can't offer any help regarding artists and their studio, but understand that it will take 18+ months after initially applying for residency, before you would be  covered for dialysis in the mandatory, socialized healthcare system, CAJA. The private insurance companies do not cover most preexisting conditions,
Here is a link to a few private facilities where you would be required to 'pay for service.' These hospitals are in the San José area and recommend that you do not reside outside that area due to your health needs. I had a friend who used CIMA for her dialysis treatment...and it wasn't cheap. She returned to the USA as she was covered by medicare.
My daughter had a kidney transplant in Canada in 2019 and I researched both hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis in Costa Rica.
Good luck!