Query regarding MMR vaccination issue with DP

Hi

In India MMR vaccine 1st dose will be given at 9 months and 2nd dose will be given at 12 months.

As per Singapore's vaccination schedule measles 1st dose should be given at 12 months and 2nd dose before 18 months.

My kid is 30 months old now so 1st and 2nd dose is already done.

I am in SG but family is in India. In this case how do we apply? Any ideas please.

Thanks
Akash

Hi,

I don't know from where you got such info regarding Singapore's immunization schedule!!!

Singapore adopted this trivalent combined vaccine in 1976. although India adopted MMR vaccine as per WHO recommendations but still not all states of India adopted it completely. So, Singapore immunization schedule contains MMR vaccine not single measles or mumps or Rubella separately.

IN SINGAPORE MMR's first dose can be administered at the age of 12 months.

Thank you

ERTIZA ABBAS

Thanks for your response.

I mean the MMR vaccination is already done as per Indian standards but SG need the first dose of MMR after 12 months and my kid got it at 10 months and the second one at 16 months which should be after 18 moths as per SG guidelines. So the HPB is not accepting the vaccinations and the HPB certificate is now mandatory for any new DP for children's below 12 years.

HI.

You may submit the Indian health ministry immunization programme schedule copy to prove that you done vaccination according to your country immunization plan.

It is not about when kids get vaccine, but did they had vaccine or not.

And keep in mind, MMR is a live viral vaacine and shall not administered before 12 month of age according to WHO guidelines. All counties follow these guidelines more or less.

mmr Vaccination of 1st dose is little bit sketchy but if if Indian national immunization plan is made if like that then a copy of official national immunization schedule submission will be sufficient.

Thank you

I found that MMR vaccine is not part of India immunization plan but only state of Dehli adopted it as state immunization plan with only single dose at the age of 15 to18 months.

Thanks Ertiza for your response. I will share a letter from doctor along with other details to HPB. Lets see how it goes.

Hey akash2525,

Please let me know what finally happened in your case.

My daughter was born in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Malaysian health guidelines is same as India.

My daughter got the vaccination at 9 months and 12 months. Now HPB is asking to get my daughter re-vaccinated.

Hello dhrubsagar,

Welcome to expat.com!

akash2525 is no longer active on the forum. If you have any questions, feel free to create a new discussion on the Singapore forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team