COST OF LIVING

How good is an offer of 1000-1200 bhd + accomodation in MANAMA

Hi vimalreji,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will give you soon information on the cost of living in Manama.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Christine

Thanks . Yeah , i do hope for a reply soon.

1000-1200 BD plus accommodation, you can easily live very comfortably in Bahrain... you can find a luxury 1 bed apt starting from BD 400 (inclusive) BD 450 and above for 1 bed will give you something extremely comfortable and very very nice... Juffair and Seef North are good areas... Avoid Seef South if possible SND (01) and SND(02) because of previous protests, however, there are no safety concerns there anymore...

If you're single you can have the time of your life if you practice some decent financial management, however, you will not run into any problems with that salary...

Even if you're married, you can live comfortably. The apartments are all inclusive, meaning electric, water, municipal tax are all paid. So you're utilities are all covered. You need a good car, you can take out a decent brand new car like camry for about BD 120 or BD 130 a month (could be higher or lower depending on the model). Gas in Bahrain is dirt cheap, about BD 30 I would say but again depends on your driving etc etc. But gas expenditure should not be a major concern.
For food, factor in about 100 BD if you're single (could be less though).

So there you have everything covered and you're still saving...

Moreover, you can find decent accommodation for less than BD 400 as well and still live pretty comfortably. However, BD 400 onwards will enable you to live in a luxury high rise building... very very nice...

You will enjoy your time in Bahrain...

Best of Luck

Hi Vimalreji and welcome to the forum,

I think ASD100 said it all :D
Just a little correction though, ALL accomodations are not "inclusive". Many times, the rent announced is exclusive, which means you have to pay 10% of your rent for the municipality tax, Water, electricity etc... So before signing, make sure what is exactly included in your rent and what's not.

Friendly yours

Olivier

Olivier-France is absolutely right and I stand rightfully corrected... some apts are exclusive of the rent, municipality tax and water however most good quality apts through good agencies advertise online as being exclusively "inclusive". All the luxury apts 400 BD and above for 1 bed which I have seen online mentioned inclusive though I am sure there are others which don't...

But as Olivier-France said, before signing any contractual agreement always check what is included and what's not even if you know beforehand. The contract is what ultimately matters and is your only rescue/risk in a foreign land. Make sure you don't fall in the trap of discounting even the minute details before signing. Understand every single little detail (no matter how trivial) and agree accordingly.

Best of luck...

Dears

above information is really usefull as i was about to ask the same.
Can somebody tell me what is the cost of Visa or residency permit for Bahrain. I am Pakistani and currently in Saudia. I have got an offer to work in Bahrain. Can somebody tell me if its possible to get a visa directly from here without going back to my home country. Thnx

Hi xain,

I think you should start a new topic on the Bahrain forum. Thank you.

Hi Christine

Thanks for your help, i have found some info from older posts :)

Thanks to all for contributing and making me understand where the salary stands in comparison:)

Hi..Can anyone tell me the updated cost of living for Bahrain (Self with wife and one kid) as I have an offer from Bahrain and considering to move...I have to arrange for my own accommodation and transport as company is offering complete package.

hello there people i would like ask I have been given a job offer in bahrain as an IT support (entry level)  and my salary package is 350 bhd + accomodation and transpo, is this already enough to survive in bahrain?

tnx for the reply