Expenses

Hi, I'm news to this forum so hi!

I've been offered a job opportunity at an investment bank in Bahrain - it's a 4 month secondment starting in April 2012.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on expenses.  How much should I be negotiating with the bank per month (in dollars)?

For example, I'm assuming I will need to get a car or taxis whilst I'm out there and will be eating out most days.  Accommodation is included so expenses would only cover: food, drink, travelling etc.

Look forward to your responses!

Thanks

Hi Jonny1980 and Welcome to the Forum,

Cost of living in Bahrain depends mainly on your lifestyle and can vary tremendously from person to another.

Cars : Try to avoid using Taxis in Bahrain unless necessary, as it would be much cheaper for you to rent a car. You can have a Nissan Sunny or Toyota Yaris for something like $400 a month. Fuel is pretty cheap in Bahrain and may cost you around $50-60 a month.

Dining out cost: Depends on where/what will you eat. As an average, a good lunch might cost you between $25-50; however you still can find very good places for lunch below this average.

You may also have to consider something like $300-400 a month for groceries and house stuff.

The above figures are just an estimate, and might not be applicable to everyone; a lot of people can live with very less than that; that's why I said earlier; it depends mainly on your lifestyle.

Hope this helps and Good Luck with your move :)

Cheers