230BD SALARY, is it enough?

Hello all,

I got a job offer of 230BD as a graphic designer in a photography studio in Bahrain. The accommodation (electric and water bills included) and transportation is provided.

How much it will cost me montly for the food allowance?
Is the salary enough to save some for myself and send a little way back home?

Thank you for your inputs! :)

Regards,
Ofw_dream

If accommodation and transport are provided, you will be able to manage but it will be a struggle.

Please can you take a look at the previous discussions on cost of living.  Once you have done that you may get all your questions answered. If you still have more questions feel free to post them here.

Good luck with your new job.

My company works with agencies and I personally have worked for agencies in the past too. It's hard to say without knowing much about your skills and experience and quality of the work you produce, however 230BD for a good graphic designer seems a bit too little to me. Is there any chance you can negotiate it up a bit?

Hello brightonguy,

Thanks for your inputs. Therefore I am correct that the offer was not good. I've tried to negotiate, actually I am only asking for atleast 300BD, but the employer said he can't go that high and insisted that 230 is just ok for their company will provide accomodation, transport, medical and uniforms. :(

Maybe I should go to try my luck and just look for a good paying company after my contract.
:( I'm  a bit sad because I think that 230 is really not enough for my skills :(

Thanks again!

If you are in need of a job desperately, then take this offer and gain some working experience in the Middle East. After a couple of years, you can start looking around for a better offer.

Hi
230BD is nowhere near enough the housing will be poor you will live with the rest of the team working ,sleeping , with your work team is not good.
You should look at 400bd per month .
Also if you want to come to the middle east then i would forget about Bahrain and look at Oman ,Qatar,or UAE ,i would suggest Qatar as they will need your skills more for everything that is happening there over the coming years for the world cup and also Bahrain has nothing except street rioting , police check points etc
rgds

Hi Nigel,

I have to disagree with you really. The safety of Bahrain has been discussed numerous times in this forum. Bahrain is a safe place to live. Yes, there are certain areas where there is street rioting and police checkpoints, but are they really harmful? I don't think so, eapecially if you don't go to those areas.

Saying Bahrain has "nothing" other than street riots and police checkpoints is an overstatement in my opinion. With its bars, restaurants, shopping malls, but more importantly its friendly people; Bahrain has a lot to offer if you know where to look for.