Finding a job in Poland

Hello everyone,

I moved to Poland on December 12 2017.  I didn't have a job lined up when I got here and only moved here as early as I did because my girlfriend who was pregnant at the time wanted me to be here as soon as possible. To get residency here I needed to get a work permit and my girlfriend had the idea of me "technically" working for her (she owns her own business). But that provided its own challenges for me to get work because in order to work for a company they have to be on board with having a B2B contract with us.

I am a TEFL certified teacher but even that hasn't been very fruitful although I'm working on that still. Besides that however, I don't have too many options. To be frank I don't have a college education. I have applied at so many jobs but haven't had anything promising yet. My Polish isn't fluent yet either. Does anybody have any suggestions?

-Justin

Hello Justin,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I sincerely wish that you soon find a job position which is fulfilling and suited to you.

Hopefully, our members can provide some guidance here on how to go about your search in a more effective manner.

Could you please tell us in which city you are looking for work? That can be a key detail for our community to help you and give you better advice.

For now, I would suggest that you create your CV in the dedicated Jobs in Poland section as well.
You may also have a look at this article, Work in Poland in our Poland guide, and the rest of the articles in the same section which are mostly about working in different cities.

Good luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

I currently live in Gdańsk in Sobieszewo but I will be moving close to the city center in a month or so.

As pretty much the whole of the EU is on lockdown, times are very hard. I have many friends that teach online and advertise on the likes of Facebook.

Good luck.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

Hello again,

Thank you all for getting back to me so quickly. I actually have been taking the online route but surprisingly haven't had much success yet. However, I haven't given up.

-Justin Napierala

I think the best way  is to find a job in language schools. There're plenty of them in every city (especially in Three City). Lots of them look for native speakers. You have to send CVs  as they have different criteria.