Waiting for a Visa

Hello Maldives Expats,

I recently took a position on a resort in the Maldives, and have been waiting for over a month for my visa. I know this process can take time, but it seems to be taking longer then I was originally told. I understand this all depends on the Ministry and not my employer. Could you guys let me know how long you had to wait to get your work visa approved? Am I stressing for no reason, or should I be concerned something is wrong. I appreciate all your responses!

Cheers,

Henry

Hi Henry,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hello Henry,

I have exactly the same situation as you do, but my employer told me that there is nothing to worry about. Firstly, they have to get quota and work permit after that. I am waiting from June, 3.

Veronika

Hehe, I just have noticed that you are in Male already:)

If you you have started working in the Maldives then you must be having  a valid visa. Some resorts(I heard) when they need staff very urgently they may bring people on visit visa,then, when they get the quota from the ministry they make a work permit.(in this case you may have to leave and re-enter ) again .

Hi ppl! I am Khushbu from Chennai, India..me and my husband are planning to visit Maldives in August this month...we are there for a short visit...I would like to know if there is a possiblity to find a host family where we can stay on budget...we are not looking at a very expensive accomodation...also I would like to know what will be the cheap accomodation in beach resorts or hotels...I would also like to know what will i spend for food per day (strictly vegetarian)... i need to plan my budget before the trip so it would be great if u can get back to me...

Please let me know about the what all is there to see and explore

Cheers!

Hellow,I would like work in Maldives.Is complicate?In october i go to the island because i like dive.I'm 28 years old.Thanks

Hi Chami. Check out this website: job-maldives.com

This is where I found a job :) Good luck!

To all co expats:

If your working visa is about to expire for about 2 months from now, you need to process it to avoid future problems. Department of Immigration and Emigration is currently experiencing a huge cue of applicants and this cause delay. As we all know the rules, first come first serve.

Happy morning=)

we are not looking at a very expensive accomodation...also I would like to know what will be the cheap accomodation in beach resorts or hotels.I would also like to know what will i spend for food per day i need to plan my budget before the trip so it would be great if u can get back to me.

Hi Science11

Please try to post for another topic,or open a previous forum about cost of living in Maldives. Im sure you can easily get advise out of it for this are focused discussions on certain concerns. This topic is about visa.

Cheers =)

You are right WOW Pinoy!

Please science11, start a new thread on the forum.;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)