Applying for ΑΦΜ

Hi there,
We are planning to buy an apartment in Athens.
As a prerequisite the first step is to apply for the ΑΦΜ number.

I was able to find several information regarding this topic. In our case we are EU citizens but will keep living in our country, at least for the next couple of years.

Specific questions would be:

It is being said, that it would be necessary to have a tax representative who resides in Greece. I know it is for sure a good measure to have one, but does anybody know it it is absolutely necessary?

Some sites mentioned, that as a foreigner I can apply as follows:

Greeks and foreigners who permanently reside abroad can also apply for an AFM. They must submit the application to a special tax office located at 18 Lykourgou St, Omonia

Does anybody know if this is still true?

At last does anybody has made experiences with professional service agencies, who are taking care of these issues? For example:

https://taxblock.gr/en/services/

You can apply in person at the local tax office in the area you intend to buy in,see on line what documents are required to be shown.You must submit tax return papers every year once you buy the property.You must find an accountant that you will use each time and they will help you and keep you on their files.The fee each year is around 40 or 50 euro.The tax office will issue you a Taxisnet.gr personal account code and password so you can go on line and see your details and your responsibilities to the tax office.You will need a Symvoliographo(like solicitor) and a lawyer for your purchase.You need a translator by law if you dont speak Greek on the final signing of the documents and your lawyer.Im lucky as we have an accountant in our road who we have used for years.The accountant must add to your tax returns your new ownership name of the property.You will be able to pay either by installments or one off payment for your property tax which starts in September of each year round to Feb I think.There are various ways to pay without being here.

Hi! Even if it is some time ago, thank you very much for the response!
In the meantime we have received our tax number and opened as well a bank account at Piraeus Bank with the support of our lawyers.
Cheers
Markus

Hi, did you end up using taxblock.gr?

Hey :)
I am also wondering the same and since you did the first steps maybe you can help me. So If i understand well, we need a greek resident representative in order to issue AFM number, right? How did you find one? Did you ask your lawyer to come with you the day of the appointment?
Marine

When I got my AFM, I went with my distant uncle who is a retired lawyer to the foreign tax office in downtown Athens, with my ID (passport) and they set up my AFM. They gave me a logon and password to check my account. I don't know if it is completely necessary as I speak some  Greek but not fluently but it made it much easier as he knew where to go and with whom to speak.