Adopting a pet in Turkey

Hello,

Are you a dog or a cat person? A pet can add life to a home and make an ideal travel companion during your expatriation in Turkey.

However, formalities or regulations might put you off traveling with your pet making adoption a better option.

Are there any particular rules or procedures for the adoption of an animal in Turkey?

What are the costs associated with adopting a pet in Turkey?

Are there different procedures depending on the animal?

Are pet-sitting options available?

Have you ever adopted a pet in Turkey? Is he or she still with you today?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

Loïc

Hi, yes I have adopted two cats in Turkey, there is no particular rules or procedures  you can find a pet on Facebook groups there are many cat's and dogs posted for adoption and posts updated almost each day, you can also visit any vet and take any of the cats that waiting to be adopted.

The cost of adoption - FREE
My cats with me yes

Hi!

I adopted a cat in Turkey. There are  no specific regulations. You can adopt cats online through sahibinden.com and a variety of websites.

Cihangir cats on fbook

I was living in Dubai, UAE and I was owning a nice cat her name "Kaly" I forced to leave her with a friend when we moved to Istanbul, the process needs around 3 months of following up plus the cost was around 1200 USD.
Regarding Turkey what I saw the animal controlled by the government everywhere maybe you have to visit the cat's park and there are also dogs park too.
However, the local Turkish are so nice people and they took care of the animals "very impressive society".
Let me give you my advice if you can bring your own pet with you from your country, fight for her.
After 16 months all my family still sad for her and we can't replace her for another one, she was my third daughter.

best regards to you
and I wish you good luck in Turkey

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not share contact details/personal information on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct