Formalities to bring your pet in Turkey

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in Turkey?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in Turkey?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in Turkey?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

Hello,
I brought my dog here from U.S. and I did a formal health check, inserted a European microchip and had to have her rabbies vaccine done after the microchip, plus her yearly shots.  I had to get the health report signed by the state veterinarian (although, they did not ask to see any formal paperwork when we landed). I found her at the luggage retrieval barking away. It was a fairly simple process bringing her here, as they are not so strict on the rules. Her cage had to have holes on all 4 sides and she was put with other dogs in an air-conditioned cabin of the plane. And then, she enjoyed 6.5 beautiful years here :-)

Which airport did you fly in to?  Did they not even ask to see a rabies certificate or anything as it is mandatory here now.  Did the airlines ask for any information when you boarded? I gather you had them as excess baggage? 

I'm currently going through this process and getting conflicting information.  I have the rabies certificates and am now waiting for the 90 days to finish before bringing them.