Travel to Tirunelveli District, Tamil Nadu

Hi all,

I am planning to have a tour to india and visit my old friend's home in Tamil Nadu. Could anybody guide me with how to reach Tirunelveli District from tiruchirappali airport? Is there any other international airport nearer to the place? Is it a safe place for tourists to travel around? how far is it? is there any public transport?

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Hi hanoisoul,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Thanks Christine :-)

Isnt there any body to answer me? :(

Hi,

You can reach Tirunelveli from Trichy by 6 hours travel by a Call Taxi or by Train.  Tirunelvli is a Safe place for Tourist.  There you can visit more Hindu Temples around the City.  Coutralam, Papanasam - water falls and you can enjoy the real Tamil Village life there because the Big city with partially developped is TIRUNELVELI.  Because of River most of the people is still doing agriculture.

Regards

G Barathi

Thanks G Barathi for your info. I would definitely travel there one near day. Any more info about the place are still welcomed.
Cheers,

hi,
after arriving trichy, just take a taxi outside the aerodrome to go to tirunelveli..

bye..
s.jeyaraman

Hi,

Than thirchy .. U can travel to Madurai International airport or trivandrum international Airport which is nearer. From trivandrum it takes 3 hours to reach trinelveli, and the same from madurai too.. both are very safe place for tourists.

Hello Aishwariya and welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for your help but to note that this thread is 2 years old. ;)

Regards,
Aurélie

Hi Aurélie,

I just noticed tat it was 2 years old aft postin my reply.. ;)