Blonde hair/hijab

Hi,

Partner and I are thinking of traveling to Turkey in the near future for a holiday/check out if we like the place. The only thing is, I have very blonde, and very long hair, the kind that I am told the locals would be tempted to come and stroke/fondle whilst I am out and about.  Well, I dont really want my hair to be the center of attention, I'd rather just focus on the actual experience of Turkey and whether we like the place or not.  So my question is, could you tell me, would anyone in Turkey - touristy places or not - be offended if I wore a hijab or headscarf over my hair, even though I am pantheist? And do you think this would draw attention away that I am a blonde Caucasian female?

Thanks

It is actually a great idea haha. That is the exact reason Muslim women choose to cover in the first place. Having said that, there are a lot of light skin women in Turkey so you could blend in as far as skin shade, and a lot of younger women dye their hair. Having brown eyes will help as well but if not no problem. You will be required to wear a head scarf if you enter the blue mosque or any mosque you wish to tour in Turkey. In tourist locations and the top 4 states, many women do not cover their hair and they are more used to tourists. I am a Muslim-American who does not wear hijab often, but recommend it more in the non-tourist, less developed, or more conservative places. I used to live in Adana Turkey for two years. I clearly recall seeing a woman covered head to toe except the eyes walking down the street next to another woman wearing a mini skirt, high heels, hair in up do, make up, jewelry, and all. :-D They were happily chatting with one another. :-D I hope this has been helpful. I hope to move there again one day. :-)

I am blonde, I have been living in Turkey..

People have never touched my hair without my permission. I have never had any problems regarding my blonde hair what so ever. Im pretty sure that it will not ruin your holiday experience.

Turkish girls and women are dying and bleeching their hair and some are even blonde by nature, so blonde hair is no news in Turkey ;)

If I have been in situations where I had to be a little bit more conservative I have just put my hair in a pony tail or something, to show a bit more respect. In mosques of course I wear a hijab.

hi
dont come turkey! İf you come I'll touch your hair:))
hey dont worry, I dont think anybody will touch your hair unless you permit it.
turkey is not a radical conversative country, when you come here you would laugh at your post probably.
have a nice day
regards...

I am an American with high-lighted blonde hair and have never experienced any problems in the year I've lived here.

There's no need to worry at all.

[Moderated: Off topic. Post an ad in the Language classes in Turkey section.]