Visa Issues

We are planning to move to Bahrain and accepted the offer, I was thinking it will be few weeks and the visa process will be done; so we started packing and selling and discarding unnecessary things, I checked the status of my visa application from my employer and he sent me an email that they already applied for the visa and are having some issues, and trying to sort things out.  He didnt tell me what issues, how long does this take to get a visa?  I checked LRM website and it says less than 10 issues, i dont have anything on my record that will red flag so not sure what is going on?  does anyone has experienced delays in visa and if you could elaborate what type issues could cause the delay.

I checked on the link and it says it's in process;  doesnt say anything else, i talked to my employer and they told me that it is hard to say how long it is going to take;  because they have a backlog of visas, so it could be days or months.  Do you know if there are any visas processed in these days?  how long did it take to process the visas...LRMA website says they are taking less than 10 days to process the visas.

So, it is just the uncertainty, that it could be days or months...

Could you post your experiences, with some recent visas

Got my visa approved, we have applied for my wife and son, any idea on how long does it take to get a visa approved for depenedents.

Thanks for your help

Hi American Monk,

Usually it's quite fast and shouldn't take more than a few weeks.
The visa procedure is very unique here... It's much more modern than in a lot of other countries and LMRA is a hi-tech office indeed ! In the other hand, sometimes visas are taking vey long, or are rejected you don't know why...
Some names are sensitive for instance, some origins also...
And Adkhan is right, due to the recent events in Bahrain, the checking is logically a bit more extensive which leads to having backlogs.
Of course it's logical that the Bahrainis protect themselves from unwanted residents, but we are more used to get explanations or even justifications from our administrations. Here it's of course a little bit different.

I know how anxious it makes us not to know, specially when our family is involved but I'm sure your patience will be rewarded..

Keep faith  :D

Friendly yours

Olivier

just a quick question, on LMRA website at http://portal.lmra.bh/english/express_services there is a passport tab to check the status of the visa.

My question is, does that only tell you the status of the visa once issued (thats what makes sense) or would it give you the status of the work permit application as well? There is a separate tab for checking work permit applications called Application ID. But I fail to understand how american_monk got the message saying "in process" using the passport tab and not the application tab.

The passport tab will only show after everything has been completed and visa issued. The application ID will show the current status of the visa application. Am I correct? Someone with 100% accurate information, please reply...

Thanks

Hi, i'm an Indian and my employer has applied for my work visa about 9 days ago. i did check my status using passport no and my Nationality and it shows the Employment Visa is in progress.  they told me it usually takes about 10 days... is that true? and also i was told once the LMRA confirms every thing then i need to wait for immigration to grant my visa which takes few more days. if this is true, i need to know in spite of LMRA accepting every thing and shows ok or confirmed with my case could immigration decline visa to me, cause i have born in Iran and have Persian name though i'm having Indian passport. by the way i was working as IT in Bahrain in 2006 end to 2008 end without any problem completed my 2 years and left the kingdom back to India. and now got a good offer again.
appreciate your help.
many thanks in advance.